Brandon Wheat Kings
Brandon, MB. – Do you think that you may have the Fastest Baby in western Manitoba?
If so, the Wheat Kings and Li’l Bit Baby Boutique are looking for you to enter the 2nd Annual Diaper Derby, to be held during the first intermission of the Tuesday, December 13th Western Hockey League game at Westman Place between Brandon and Kelowna.
During the event, six babies (between the ages of six and 12 months of age and not yet walking) will crawl the length of a 12′ “Race Track”.
The first place winner will win a prize package from Li’l Bit Baby as well as $500 in a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) from SCOTIABANK.
Contestants can register (in person) at Li’l Bit Baby between now and 5pm on Saturday, December 10th. Li’l Bit Baby is located at #3-601 18th Street in Brandon. For more contest information call Li’l Bit Baby Boutique at 725-4412.
This year’s Derby will be featured during the first of two Rain Check games of the 2011-12 Western Hockey League season, which means any “unused” ticket can be exchanged at the box office for a “free” ticket to this game (regular Ticketmaster Agency fees apply).
Following is a complete list of contest rules.
2011 Diaper Derby Rules:
1) If your baby stands up and takes a step, he/she must start back at the starting gate
2) All babies can change lanes during the race
3) Only two coaches are permitted per baby at the race track
4) We will follow the rules of the NFL and that is if any part of the baby touches the finish line, we will consider he/she to be the winner
5) Parents can coax their children to the finish line
6) Babies must be from western Manitoba
7) At no time can the parent or coach enter the boundaries of the “Race Track”
8) Should there not be a winner at the end of the 3 minute time limit, the baby crawler closest to the finish line will be declared the winner
On the ice this weekend, the Wheat Kings will close out a 3-game home stand Sunday night against the visiting Regina Pats. This will be the first meeting of the 2011-12 regular season between these two Eastern Division rivals. Puck drop is at 6pm at Westman Place.
The Wheat Kings will be hoping to extend their winning streak to three games, after doubling up on the visiting Red Deer Rebels on Saturday. For tickets call the Keystone Centre box office at 726-3555 or go online at ticketmaster.ca. The box office is open Saturday but won’t open until 3pm Sunday.