(ISN) – By going to overtime, the Prince George Spruce Kings and visiting Chilliwack Chiefs guaranteed themselves each a point but it was PG that got the win on Gerry Fitzgerald’s winner at 1:29 of the first extra frame.

Tied 1-1 going into the third, the teams exchanged goals five seconds apart early in the final frame. Jarryd Ten Vaanholt’s tally put PG ahead but Derek Huisman forced OT on a power-play goal with under six minutes left.

The point earned by Chilliwack moved them one point up on Vernon for fourth place in the Interior. PG is now one point back of Merritt.

It took a four-goal third period but the Penticton Vees kept their win streak alive with a 6-4 home win against the Vernon Vipers. The Snakes went up 4-2 early in the third on Adam Tambellini’s goal but Zach Urban, Bryce Gervais, Mike Reilly and Joey Benik into an empty net scored four straight to close the game.

The Surrey Eagles also had to come from behind and got shorthanded, empty-net and power-play goals from Brandon Tanev, Tyler Morley and Steve Koshey in the third to down the Alberni Valley Bulldogs 5-4. Mitchell Cristanti and Yan Kalshnikov put the ‘Dogs up 2-0 after one and Turner Popoff’s tally had them up 3-2 after two before the Eagles’ big final frame.

A fourg-goal first period helped the Salmon Arm SilverBacks to a 6-4 road win over the Trail Smoke Eaters. Stefan Nicholishen, Alex Gillies, Myles McCauley and Garrett Hendrickson all scored in the opening 20 minutes but Trail got a pair from Brandon Long in a three-goal second. Jeff Kennedy’s second of the night into an empty net sealed it with five seconds left.

Keyler Bruce had two goals and two assists for the Cowichan Valley Capitals in a 6-4 road win over the Langley Rivermen. Bruce scored both his goals in the first period and the Caps led 2-1 after one. They added three more in the second with Matt Grant scoring a pair while Ben Greiner and Evan Campbell, with his second, scored for Langley.

In Coquitlam, the Merritt Centennials got two goals each from Evan Stack and Jakob Reichert in an 8-0 defeat of the Express. The game was close until late in the second when Stack and Reichert both got their first of the night. A four-goal third including Billy Marshall’s unassisted shorthanded effort removed all chance of an Express comeback.