(ISN) – The Portland Winterhawks won Game 3 of their first round series against the Kelowna Rockets by a score of 6-3 Tuesday, taking a 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Portland’s Ty Rattie and Sven Bartschi continued their torrid play with four points apiece in the game, as they accounted for the first four Hawks goals tonight. Both players have nine points through the first three games of the series. Their linemate, Marcel Noebels, had three points in tonight’s game and has seven in the series.

The Hawks will have a chance to close out the series Thursday night when the teams meet in Game 4 in Kelowna at 7 p.m.

Portland applied pressure on Kelowna through the first period, firing 21 shots at the Rockets in the first 20 minutes. The Hawks opened the scoring 5:56 into the game on a goal by Rattie, but the Rockets evened the score at 1-1 with a power play goal from Damon Severson at the 10:46 mark. Just over three minutes later Bartschi scored to give Portland a 2-1 lead they took into the second period.

Kelowna’s Colten Martin tied the game at the 6:06 mark, and the score remained 2-2 through much of the second. But with just 41 seconds remaining in the period, Rattie scored his second of the game to give the Hawks a 3-2 lead going into the third.

The Hawks took their first two-goal lead of the game 3:55 into the second on Bartschi’s second marker of the game, giving Portland a 4-2 advantage. Kelowna got back within one, 4-3, with 1:08 remaining when Severson scored his second of the game with netminder Adam Brown on the bench for an extra attacker.

With Brown still on the bench with under a minute to go and the Rockets trying to tie the game, Hawks defenseman Joe Morrow and forward Taylor Leier scored back-to-back empty net goals to seal the victory and give Portland a 6-3 win and commanding 3-0 series lead.

Mac Carruth picked up the win in net for the Hawks, making 38 saves on 41 Kelowna shots. Brown made 40 saves on the 44 shots he faced for the Rockets.