Coaching Clinic and Professional Development Course scheduled for Jan 19-20, 2013
November 19, 2012, VANCOUVER – World renowned All Blacks Forwards Coach Mike Cron will headline this year’s BC Rugby Coaching Clinic and Professional Development Course, scheduled for January 19-20th at St. George’s School in Vancouver.
Cron, commonly referred to as the ‘Scrum Doctor’, is recognized as one of the top coaches in international rugby and has received praise for making scrums safer and more powerful through all levels of the game. Cron has worked with several national sides including Japan and Wales and has been with the New Zealand Rugby Union since 2004.
World Cup winning head coach Graham Henry recently recognized Cron for his work with the All Blacks program. “Mike Cron epitomizes the ultimate in scrum coaching,” Henry Said. “Most importantly he has the ability to pass that knowledge on, not only to his players but scrum coaches all around the world. That’s why we call him the ‘Scrum Doctor’ – the Number One in the world.”
Prior to his roles with the New Zealand, Japanese and Welsh Rugby Unions, Cron spent time coaching with St Andrew’s College (1982-84), Christchurch Rugby Club (1984-87), Canadian national and provincial programs (1987-88) and Canterbury (1988-2002).
Break out technical workshops will also be available with presentations being made by BC Provincial and National level staff.
As space is limited for the course, participants are encouraged to register immediately to avoid disappointment.
2013 BC Rugby Coaching Clinic and Professional Development Course
- Featuring All Blacks Forwards Coach Mike Cron
- Dates: Sat. Jan 19th – Sun. Jan 20th, 2013
- Location: St. George’s School, 4175 West 29th Ave, Vancouver, BC
- Early Bird Registration by January 9, 2013….. $140.00 ($125 + HST)
- Late Registration after January 9, 2013….. $156.80 ($140 + HST)
- Registration Form – send to email@example.com or Fax to 604.737.3916
- Registration Form DOWNLOAD
- Meals: Lunch will be provided during the Saturday sessions
- Attire: Coaching attire will be required for on-pitch sessions
More information on the 2013 BC Rugby Coaching Clinic including sessional instructors and optional streams will be provided in the coming weeks.