March 7, 2013, (ISN) – Curl BC is looking for mentor and mentee coaches to take part in our Pilot Coach Mentorship Program.
The new program, developed by Curl BC’s Educational Programs Manager Elisabeth Walker-Young, is designed to give new and novice curling coaches more support as they learn and grow.
There is no cost for mentees to take part in the pilot program.
Mentors will be remunerated for expenses incurred in participating in the pilot as well as the formal coach mentorship program.
There are a number of criteria that program participants must meet.
A mentee applicant must:
1. Be a resident of British Columbia
2. Agree to and abide by the terms of being a mentee
3. Commit to two hours/month
4. Pay the Curl BC Coach Mentorship Program fee (not applicable during pilot)
All mentees must ALSO meet one or more of the following three criteria:
5. Have completed a coaching workshop (Club Coach Youth, Club Coach, Competition Coach) within the last five years
6. Currently coach a team that is planning to enter playdowns
7. Currently coach or manage a junior, adult or little rocks program at a curling centre within British Columbia
Mentor applicant must:
1. Agree to and abide by the terms of being a mentor
2. Be a resident of British Columbia
All mentors must ALSO meet two of the following three criteria:
3. Hold a current certified Competition Coach, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 or Level 5 certification and have completed Make Ethical Decisions (MED) online module
4. Have three or more years of certified coaching experience
5. Be an active Curl BC coach consultant for 4+ years
*Number of one-to-one mentees/mentor relationships will be capped based on the number and availability of mentors.