PGA Tour Canada
May 30, 2013, Toronto, ON (ISN) – TSN and the PGA TOUR announced today they have reached a multi-year broadcast extension that will see TSN continue to broadcast nine PGA TOUR events a year through to 2018, along with early round coverage of the 2015 and 2017 Presidents Cups – featuring the world’s best non-European players competing against the top-ranked players from the United States.
As part of the new deal TSN retains exclusive early round coverage of the RBC Canadian Open along with broadcast rights to other popular PGA TOUR events including the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-AM and the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship.
This PGA TOUR deal complements TSN’s extensive live coverage of all of Golf’s Majors – THE MASTERS, U.S. OPEN, the OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP, and the PGA CHAMPIONSHIP – as well as the Ryder Cup, continuing to make TSN home to the biggest and most prestigious tournaments in golf.
“The PGA TOUR, its sponsors, and players have been wonderful partners and we are thrilled to extend our relationship and bring Canadians coverage of the world’s top professional Tour,” said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President of Programming, TSN. “Not only are we looking forward to covering the action from the PGA TOUR and the Majors, but we are also excited to expand our coverage and shine a national spotlight on the PGA TOUR Canada by showcasing its tournaments and rising stars.”
“The PGA TOUR is delighted to enter into this agreement with TSN,” said Rick Anderson, PGA TOUR Executive Vice-President of Television & Digital Media. “Canada has always demonstrated a passion for PGA TOUR golf and this partnership will allow our fans to consume our product on one of the premier sports properties in Canada. The PGA TOUR is committed to golf in Canada and we are delighted to have TSN as our partner.”
As part of the new deal with the PGA TOUR, TSN2 will broadcast THIS IS PGA TOUR CANADA, a series of half-hour magazine-style programs highlighting the events, prominent players, tournament courses and locales of the 2013 PGA TOUR Canada season.
THIS IS PGATOUR CANADA premieres tomorrow Friday, May 31at 2:30 p.m. ET on TSN2 with a special preview of the upcoming PGA Tour Canada season.
TSN2 Broadcast Schedule
· Friday, May 31 at 2:30 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: Preview Show
· Saturday, June 15 at 10:30 a.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: Times Colonist Island Savings Open
· Friday, June 28 at 2:30 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS
· Friday, July 12 at 3:30 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: Dakota Dunes Open presented by SaskTel
· Friday, July 19 at 2 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: Syncrude Boreal Open presented by AECON
· Friday, July 26 at 2 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: The Players Cup
· Friday, August 30 at 2 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: The Great Waterway Classic
· Friday, September 6 at 2 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: The Wildfire Invitational
· Friday, September 13 at 2 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: Cape Breton Celtic Classic
· Friday, September 20 at 2 p.m. ET – THIS IS PGA TOUR Canada: Tour Championship of PGA TOUR Canada