Kinesiology Sports Info
June 10, 2013, Saskatoon, SK (ISN) – The 2013-14 University of Saskatchewan Huskies basketball home schedule will feature a rematch of last season’s Canada West quarter-final series.
The Brandon Bobcats, Trinity Western Spartans, Fraser Valley Cascades, Manitoba Bisons, Lethbridge Pronghorns, UNBC Timberwolves and Mount Royal Cougars will make appearances at the PAC in the 22-game schedule. Fraser Valley and the Huskies met in both the women’s and men’s conference quarter-final matchups. The Cascades took both series in three games.
Basketball is the first schedule released in Canada West Universities Athletic Association Schedule Week. The volleyball schedule follows Tuesday, hockey Wednesday, soccer Thursday and wrestling, cross country and track & field wrap up the week on Friday.
In 2013-14, Canada West basketball features 16 teams with two divisions of eight teams – the Pacific and the West. Saskatchewan plays in the West division. The top four in each division will earn a date in the postseason.
Highlights of the schedule include:
– Fraser Valley Cascades appear at the PAC on November 23 after defeating both Huskie basketball teams in the quarter-final playoff rounds in 2012-13.
– The UNBC Timberwolves and Mount Royal Cougars will play for the first time in history at the PAC on January 31 and February 1.
– Pack the PAC for the home opener on November 8-9 against Brandon Bobcats.
– Men’s basketball playoffs begin February 21, while women’s basketball playoffs begin on February 28.
– Carleton University Ravens will host the CIS Men’s Basketball Final 8 March 7-9. The championship will be played in the same venue the Huskies won the title in 2009-10.
– Two-time defending champion Windsor Lancers will host the CIS Women’s Basketball Final 8 March 14-16. The site is home to the 2010-11 silver medal finish by the Huskies.
All Canada West basketball games, as well as livestats, can be viewed online at www.canadawest.tv. Tipoff for Huskie Athletics home games will be at 6:15 p.m. (women) and 8 p.m. (men).