July 13, 2013, Donetsk, Ukraine (ISN) – The girl’s medley relay team of Natasha Brown of Edmonton, Alta., Raquel Tjernagel of New Westminster, B.C., Miriam Abdul-Rashid of Oshawa, Ont., and Kendra Clarke of Edmonton, Alta., won their heat at the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) World Youth Championships in Donetsk, Ukraine today.
Crossing the line in 2:08.52 the girls automatically qualified for the final which takes place tomorrow at 10:05am eastern time (ET).
Day 4 Results
• Marek Adamowicz of St-Bruno, Que., finished the 10000-metre race walk in 11th place clocking 46:35.67
• In the boy’s high jump final Paul Galas of Mississauga, Ont., finished 7th with another personal best of 2.11 metres. That is his second personal best qualifying with 2.09 metres earlier this week
• The boy’s medley relay finished third in their heat in 1:55.72 and does not advance
• In the women’s long jump Montreal, Que.’s Magali Roche finished sixth in qualification group with 5.96 metres and does not advance
• Raquel Tjernagel crossed her 200-metres semi final heat in eighth in 25.36 seconds; she does not advance
• Robyn Buckingham of Langley, B.C., finished 27th in the heptathlon with 4781 points, Alexandra Morrow of Southampton, Ont., was 35th with 4035 points. Both girl’s registered personal bests in their long jump performances today; Robyn with 5.21 metres, and Alexandra with 5.47 metres
The men’s 3000-metres final also takes place tomorrow, the final day of competition at the 2013 World Youth Championships. Watch for Joshua Shanks of Chance Harbour, N.B., in that race that starts at 8:45amET.