July 14, 2013 (ISN) – Closing the 2013 International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) World Youth Championships, the girl’s medley relay team of Natasha Brown of Edmonton, Alta., Raquel Tjernagel of New Westminster, B.C., Miriam Abdul-Rashid of Oshawa, Ont., and Kendra Clarke of Edmonton, Alta., finished sixth in the final.
In the last competition for Canada the girls crossed the line in 2:08.59.
Chance Harbour, N.B.’s Joshua Shanks placed 12th in the boy’s 3000-metres final in 8:50.16.
Personal Bests recorded at the Championship includes:
• Robyn Buckingham (Heptathlon – 100m Hurdles, Long Jump)
• Locky Butcher (110m Hurdles Heats)
• Stephanie Cho (400m Hurdles Semi Final)
• James Elson (High Jump Qualification)
• Paul Galas (High Jump Qualification & Final)
• Alexandra Morrow (Heptathlon – High Jump, Long Jump)
• Charlotte Prouse (3000m Final)
• Mihailo Stefanovic (110m Hurdles Heats)
• Tobias Wolter (2000m Steeplechase Heats)
For more information visit: http://www.athletics.ca/page.asp?id=668.