September 4, 2013, Kent, WA – The Seattle Thunderbirds have announced their promotional and giveaway calendar for the 2013-14 season and they will include 15 Promotional giveaway nights, 8 2-for-Tuesday Nights, and 3 Pub Nights.
The T-Birds home opener is Saturday, September 21, against the Portland Winterhawks at 7:05 p.m. at ShoWare Center. Opening Night will feature the KZOK Party on the Plaza at ShoWare Center starting at 5pm that will feature food, music, and a beer garden. The T-Birds will also be giving out 2013-14 magnetic schedules courtesy of Beacon Plumbing to all fans on Opening Night.
In 2013-14, there will be 15 promotional giveaways for fans of all ages. They are: T-Birds Magnetic Schedule presented by Beacon Plumbing, Valley Medical Center GLOW Pink the Rink Night glow sticks, two BECU T-Birds Beanie Nights, Shea Theodore Bobblehead Night, T-Birds Calendar Night, T-Birds Team Poster Night presented by Sterling Bank and eight Directors Mortgage Magnet Nights. The eight Directors Mortgage Magnets combine to form one big T-Birds collage magnet.
The 2013-14 season will see the return of 2-for-Tuesday nights brought to fans by Directors Mortgage. There are eight games scheduled on a Tuesday this season. At all eight of these games, fans can buy two tickets for the price of one in all ticket categories. There will also be specials at the concession stands that include $2 hot dogs, $2 soft drinks, $2 popcorn and $2 beers.
The two BECU T-Birds Beanie giveaways during the 2013-14 season are exclusively for kids. On Saturday, November 29, and Saturday, January 11, the first 1,000 kids will receive a free beanie.
The T-Birds have partnered with CBS Radio Seattle to support the Forgotten Children’s Fund. KZOK 102.5 FM, KMPS 94.1 FM and 96.5 JACK FM will be collecting new, unwrapped toys at three games in December for needy children during the holiday season.
The T-Birds will have three Pub Nights this coming season. Fans can get 10 tickets, 10 beers and 10 hats for $200. Pub Night tickets must be purchased before game day.
Hockey Challenge 2013 to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska is scheduled for Saturday, February 22, when the T-Birds take on the Kamloops Blazers.
The Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot and Ham Shoot will return this coming season. All females in attendance, 18 and older, will have the chance to participate in a puck shoot contest after the game to win a turkey or ham. The Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss will also return.
There are several special group nights, including two Youth Group Nights, where youth groups can purchase 10 tickets for $95. The purchasers of the first 1,000 tickets on Youth Group Night will receive a T-Birds hat. There will also be $1 hot dogs and $1 ice cream at the concession stands for all fans on Youth Group Night.
There will also be two Boy Scout Nights, a Girl Scout Night, a Mascot Night, and Fan Appreciation Night.
T-Birds single game tickets for the 2013-14 season are currently on sale and can be purchased online at www.seattlethunderbirds.com and at the ShoWare Center box office.
2013-14 THUNDERBIRDS PROMOTION SCHEDULE
- Saturday, September 21 vs. Portland, T-Birds Magnetic Schedule presented by Beacon Plumbing (all fans), KZOK Party on the Plaza at ShoWare Center starting at 5pm
- Saturday, October 12 vs. Tri-City, Valley Medical Center GLOW Event – Pink the Rink – Glow Sticks (first 2,000 fans)
- Saturday, October 19 vs. Swift Current, Youth Group Night 1
- Tuesday, October 29 vs. Brandon, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Brandon Troock Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Friday, November 8 vs. Victoria, Pub Night 1
- Saturday, November 9 vs. Regina, KZOK Night
- Tuesday, November 19 vs. Kelowna, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Shea Theodore Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Saturday, November 23 vs. Portland, Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot (post game)
- Friday, November 29 vs. Saskatoon, BECU T-Birds Beanies (first 1,000 kids)
- Saturday, November 30 vs. Victoria, Shea Theodore Bobblehead Night (first 2,500 fans)
- Saturday, December 7 vs. Spokane, KZOK 102.5 Toy Drive, Boy Scout Night 1
- Friday, December 13 vs. Portland, KMPS 94.1 Toy Drive, Fred Meyer Ham Shoot (post game)
- Tuesday, December 17 vs. Tri-City, 96.5 JACK FM Toy Drive, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Connor Honey Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Saturday, December 28 vs. Everett, T-Birds Calendar Night (first 3,000 fans)
- Tuesday, December 31 vs. Kamloops, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Riley Sheen Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Saturday, January 11 vs. Spokane, BECU T-Birds Beanies (first 1,000 kids)
- Friday, January 17 vs. Tri-City, Pub Night 2
- Tuesday, January 21 vs. Moose Jaw, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Alexander Delnov Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Friday, January 25, vs. Everett, Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss
- Tuesday, February 4 vs. Everett, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Roberts Lipsbergs Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Sunday, February 16 vs. Prince George, Youth Group Night 2, Girl Scout Night, Mascot Game
- Saturday, February 22 vs. Kamloops, Hockey Challenge to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska
- Tuesday, February 25 vs. Prince Albert, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Justin Hickman Magnet (first 2,500 fans)
- Saturday, March 1, vs. Portland, Boy Scout Night 2
- Saturday, March 8, vs. Everett, Fan Appreciation Night, T-Birds Team Poster presented by Sterling Bank (first 5,000 fans)
- Tuesday, March 11 vs. Spokane, Directors Mortgage 2-for-Tuesday, Directors Mortgage Player Magnet 8 (first 2,500 fans)
- Friday, March 14 vs. Portland, Pub Night 3