September 11, 2013, LONDON—More than 400 of Canada’s best triathletes will swim, bike and run through the 2012 Olympic course at London’s Hyde Park for the 2013 World Triathlon Series Grand Final, September 12-15, 2013.
Triathlon Canada will suit up a talented group of 14 athletes that will compete in the elite, under-23 and junior races. A large contigent of Canadians will also be among the nearly 8,000 athletes that will compete in the age group races against the world’s best. Triathlon Canada’s National Paratriathlon Team will also dive into London’s serpentine to determine the king and queens of paratriathlon.
Coverage of the elite races can be viewed live on www.cbc.ca. The men’s race will also be broadcast on CBC TV Sports Weekend, September 21, at 1 p.m. EST.
- Kyle Jones – Oakville, Ont.
- Andrew Yorke – Caledon, Ont.
- Andrew McCartney – Victoria
- Kirsten Sweetland – Victoria
- Alexander Hinton – Kingston, Ont.
- Matt Sharpe – Victoria
- Amelie Kretz – Blainville, Que.
- Ellen Pennock – Calgary
- Joanna Brown – Carp, Ont.
- Tyler Mislawchuk – Winnipeg
- Xavier Grenier-Talavera – Quebec
- Alexis Lepage – Quebec
- Gabrielle Edwards – Saskatoon
- Emy Legault – Ile Perrot, Que.
- Pierre Ouellet – Quebec City (men’s wheelchair – Tri 1)
- Julian Nahachewsky – Saskatoon (men’s wheelchair – Tri 1)
- Jennifer Hopkins – Ottawa (women’s les autre – Tri 3)
- Chantal Denholm – Winnipeg (women’s les autre – Tri 3)
- Stefan Daniel – Calgary (men’s Tri 4)
- Ryan Van Praet – Chatham, Ont./Syd Trefiak (men’s visually impaired – Tri 6)
SCHEDULE: (ALL TIMES LOCAL TO LONDON)
Thursday, September 12
- Junior Women – 8 a.m.
- Junior Men – 10 a.m.
- Under-23 Women – 12 noon
- Under-23 Men – 3 p.m.
Friday, September 13
- Age Group Sprint – 8 a.m.
- Paratriathlon – 2 p.m.
Saturday, September 14
- Elite Women Grand Final – 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, September 15
- Age Group World Championships Olympic Distance – 7 a.m.
- Elite Men Grand Final – 1:30 p.m.
Triathlon Canada is the governing body for triathlon in the country. Recognized as an Olympic medal sport since 2000, Triathlon Canada’s mandate is to promote, foster, organize and develop the sport of triathlon, and its related disciplines, in Canada. For more information on Triathlon Canada, please visit us at www.triathloncanada.com on the Internet.