September 28, 2013 – The Eastern Washington women’s golf team is slated to compete in the 4th annual Rose City Collegiate Women’s Golf Tournament next Monday and Tuesday at Langdon Farms Golf Club in Aurora, Ore.
The Eagles and 14 other collegiate teams will take part in a 54-hole tournament, being hosted by Portland State, with two rounds on Monday and one round on Tuesday.
Last year’s champion, Cal State Fullerton, will be on hand to defend its title, as well as the 2011 champion, Long Beach State. Eastern Washington is one of six Big Sky Conference schools in the field. Oregon State and Washington State of the Pac-12 will also compete.
There will be no live scoring, but results will be available at www.GoViks.com shortly after each days play.
Past Rose City Collegiate winners
- 2010: North Texas, 889
- Individual: Kelsey Kipp, North Texas, 215 (won 12-hole playoff over Whitney French of Oregon State)
- 2011: Long Beach State, 900
- Individual: Rochelle Chan, Long Beach State, 220
- 2012: Cal State Fullerton, 912
- Individual: A Ram Choi, Portland State, 218
THE ROSE CITY COLLEGIATE
- Date: Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2013
- Location: Langdon Farms Golf Club, Aurora, OR
- Course: Par 72, 6,080 yards
Play: 54 holes
• Monday, Sept. 30, 36 holes of continuous play beginning with an 8 a.m. shotgun start
• Tuesday, Oct. 1, 18 holes of play, tee times begin at 8 a.m. off holes 1 and 10.
Teams Competing (15): Portland State, Oregon State, Boise State, Eastern Washington, Northern Colorado, Cal State Fullerton, Weber State, Sacramento State, Montana, UC Irvine, San Francisco, Cal Poly, Gonzaga, Washington State, Seattle, six individuals