October 2, 2013, VANCOUVER, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks begin the 2013.14 season with their home opener this Saturday, October 5th versus the Edmonton Oilers.
Using innovative technology and inspired content, the Canucks are committed to providing a premium fan experience at every game. The home opener features the premiere of the Canucks new opening video and newly installed Celebration Lights for an enhanced fan experience at Rogers Arena.
Victor de Bonis, COO, Canucks Sports & Entertainment and Alternate Governor, NHL:
“We are really looking forward to welcoming everyone back to Rogers Arena for what we all hope will be a very memorable season. As we have said many times before, we are absolutely committed to providing all fans with the best possible experience and this year will be no exception.”
Ten things to know about Canucks home games this year:
1. Big 50:50 Jackpot: The Canucks for Kids Fund 50:50 will add a $125,476 jackpot ($62,738 prize) of unclaimed funds from the 2012.13 season to the CFKF 50:50 jackpot at the home opener.
2. Tickets available: While sell outs are anticipated, tickets are still available. Single-game tickets and Family Night packages are available now at ticketmaster.ca/canucks or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-855-523-6800. Families with at least one child under the age of twelve can take advantage of Family Night packages which include four tickets starting at $40 per ticket (plus GST and applicable fees), a Cineplex ‘Family Fun Pack’, and 10% off at the Canucks Team Store. Full details can be found at canucks.com/familynights.
3. Buy authentic tickets: The Vancouver Canucks encourage fans to purchase tickets only through authorized sources, such as Ticketmaster to ensure tickets are legitimate and valid. Fans buying tickets through other sources risk being denied entry with invalid tickets. For more information on tickets, visit canucks.com/tickets.
4. New opening video and lighting system: Fans in attendance at the home opener will witness the Canucks new opening video and in-game experience for the first time. The Canucks will also unveil newly installed Celebration Lights, an innovative light system designed to enhance game presentation elements and overall fan experience. The Canucks are the first NHL team to use the new lighting system.
5. Open early on Saturday: Doors for the Canucks home opener on Saturday will open earlier than usual, at 5:30 p.m.
6. Third Jerseys: The Canucks will wear a third jersey 15 times throughout the 2013.14 season starting Tuesday, October 8th versus the New Jersey Devils. The complete schedule will be released at a later date.
7. Big Milestone: The Canucks will celebrate the 25 millionth fan to enter Rogers Arena on October 10th. The team will celebrate this milestone in a big way and all fans in attendance will receive a token of appreciation and will have opportunities for great prizing including a chance to go home with a ‘Jersey Off Our Back’. Originally planned for October 5th, due to the team’s travel schedule and the opportunity to celebrate the 25 millionth fan, ‘Jersey Off Our Backs’ has been moved to October 10th. More information will be available closer to the game.
8. Designated Driver program: All season long, the Canucks and Aramark Sports & Entertainment in partnership with Budweiser Good Sport will continue the designated driver program at Rogers Arena. Guests at least 19 years of age, with a valid driver’s license, can pledge to be a designated driver. Upon sign-up, the designated driver pledges to not drink alcohol at the game and provide responsible transportation for all members of their group. Designated drivers receive a voucher for one free non-alcoholic beverage and are eligible for a prize draw. Eligible guests may sign up at the Guest Services Centre at Section 114 on the Plaza Level 100 and Section 310 on the Rogers Level 300.
9. Fan texting: Guests at Rogers Arena are encouraged to use Rogers Arena’s two-way fan text service should the behaviour of others have an unpleasant effect on their experience. Fans can text their message or concern to 604-512-6799.
10. Traffic advisory: Throughout the season, construction at Rogers Arena may impede pedestrian and vehicle traffic routes. For regular updates on affected areas, please go to www.canucks.com/rogersarenaconstruction.