October 9, 2013, TORONTO, ON (ISN) – BMO Financial Group and the Canadian Hockey League today launched the 2013 BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Contest, which will be held in the hometowns of 42 CHL teams between October 13 and December 6, 2013.
Fans are invited to attend local hockey games dressed up in their team’s colours, jerseys and costumes for a chance to be named the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan. Forty-two BMO Ultimate CHL Fans will be crowned in their respective communities. From these winners, three Ultimate Fans will be named the Ultimate CHL Fan for each of their respective leagues – the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL. Each will win the grand prize – a trip for two to the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup in London, Ontario (May 23-25, 2014).
“Over the past two years, BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Appreciation Nights have helped to bring communities across Canada together in celebration of Canadian hockey and its loyal fans,” said Justine Fedak, Senior Vice President, Brand Advertising, Sponsorships & Merchandising, BMO Financial Group. “These celebrations provide BMO with an amazing opportunity to connect with CHL fans, generate increased interest in the game and build excitement towards the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup – one of the largest hockey events in the country.”
“Canadians right across the country have enthusiastically embraced BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Appreciation Nights, which is a reaffirming testament to how important CHL hockey is to local communities throughout Canada,” said David Branch, President of the Canadian Hockey League. “We are excited to build on this success as we kick off the third consecutive year of the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Contest in 42 of our Canadian communities across the country.”
Kicking off in Chicoutimi on October 13, the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Appreciation Nights are centred on the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan contest, which will take place at local games. The contest will be open to all attendees who have purchased a ticket to the game and are over the age of 13. During the first intermission fans will be encouraged to stand up and show their team spirit. Based on their originality, enthusiasm and creativity, three lucky fans will be selected to participate in a trivia contest – specific to their CHL team – which will take place on the players’ bench during the second intermission. The first person to answer three questions correctly will be declared the BMO Ultimate Fan for his/her particular team.
The winner will receive an autographed team jersey with BMO Ultimate Fan crested on the front, a $50 prepaid MasterCard, and gain entry into the grand prize draw for the trip for two to the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup in London in May 2014.
CHL fans will also have an additional opportunity to be named the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan in the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Online Photo Contest. Between October 13 and December 6, fans can enter the BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Photo Contest by submitting a photo of themselves, displaying their team pride, at facebook.com/BMOcommunity. One lucky winner will be awarded a trip for two to the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The BMO Ultimate CHL Fan Appreciation Nights will take place in the following locations*:
- October 13 – Chicoutimi Saguenéens
- October 17 – Windsor Spitfires
- October 18 – London Knights
- October 19 – Owen Sound Attack
- October 24 – Barrie Colts
- October 25 – Guelph Storm, Mississauga Steelheads, Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, Drummondville Voltigeurs, Red Deer Rebels
- October 26 – Oshawa Generals, Kamloops Blazers, Prince George Cougars
- November 2 – Belleville Bulls, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, Val-D’Or Foreurs
- November 7 – Acadie-Bathurst Titan
- November 8 – Medicine Hat Tigers
- November 9 – Shawinigan Cataractes
- November 10 – Moncton Wildcats
- November 15 – Kingston Frontenacs, Gatineau Olympiques, Prince Albert Raiders
- November 16 – Peterborough Petes, Lethbridge Hurricanes, Saskatoon Blades
- November 22 – Niagara IceDogs, Halifax Mooseheads, Vancouver Giants, Victoria Royals
- November 23 – Moose Jaw Warriors
- November 28 – North Bay Battalion
- November 29 – Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, Charlottetown Islanders, Sherbrooke Phoenix, Regina Pats, Swift Current Broncos
- November 30 – Kelowna Rockets, Kootenay Ice
- December 6 – Ottawa 67’s, Brandon Wheat Kings