November 4, 2013, Duncan, BC, Canada (ISN) – Hunter and jumper riders at Queen Margaret’s School have worked hard this season, and this November and January they will be recognized by the governing bodies of the sport.
QMS riders are on the list to receive numerous awards at the upcoming Vancouver Island Hunter Jumper (VIHJA) Hunt Ball on November 23rd at Mary Winspear Centre, Sidney. “We have had a very successful season this year,” says Head Coach Cheryl Keith. “All of our riders train hard, but these girls have seen consistent wins and strong results. We’re proud of them.” The awards are given to the top four riders in each hunter or jumper division.
- *Emily Cake (Grade 8) on Derby – Champion Pre Child/Adult Hunter & Modified Child/Adult Hunter
- *Emily Cake & Valeria Vega Contreras (Grade 8) on Liberty W – Reserve Champion Modified Child/Adult Hunter
- *Christine Coels (Grade 10) on Arius – Champion Short Stirrup Hunter
- *Christine Coels (Grade 10) on Clockwork – Reserve Champion Short Stirrup Hunter
- *Catherine Rankin (Grade 10) on Go Shorty – Reserve Champion Children’s Hunter
- *Olivia Austin (Grade 11) on Del Rio – 4th place Pre Child/Adult Hunter
- *Alice Young (Grade 12) on Piccadilly – 4th place 1.15m Jumpers
- *Cheryl Keith (Head Coach) on Go Shorty – Champion Pre Green
- *Cheryl Keith (Head Coach) on Koala K – 3rd place 1.15m Jumpers
The British Columbia Hunter Jumper (BCHJA) winners have also been announced for distribution at their banquet planned for January 18th, 2014, at the Grand Villa Casino Hotel & Conference Centre in Burnaby, BC.
- *Kassidy Keith (Grade 10) – Champion Junior B Equitation
- *Catherine Rankin (Grade 10) on Go Shorty – 4th place Modified Junior/Amateur Hunter
- *Catherine Rankin (Grade 10) – Reserve Champion Children’s Equitation
- *Cheryl Keith (Head Coach) on Go Shorty – Reserve Champion Pre Green 2nd Year
About Queen Margaret’s School
Established in 1921, Queen Margaret’s School (QMS) is located on 27 country‐like acres in Duncan, BC. QMS offers a coed ECE Program and Junior School (Kindergarten‐Grade 6), all boys Grade 7/8 Program, University‐Preparatory School for girls (Grades 7‐12) and all girls Boarding School (Grades 6‐12). Queen Margaret’s School is home to Canada’s only on-campus Equestrian Riding Program and a small intensive ESL Program. The school’s comprehensive scholastic and extracurricular programs provide opportunities for achievement and personal growth through academics, sports, visual and performing arts, riding and community service.