November 26, 2013, TORONTO (ISN) – November 26, 2013 – Ten-time Paralympic medallist Brian McKeever will join the Canadian Paralympic Committee for a celebration and major announcement on November 27, marking 100 days to go until the start of the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
The Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games will take place from March 7 to 16 and include six sports: para-alpine skiing, para-snowboard, biathlon, para-Nordic skiing, sledge hockey and wheelchair curling.
Para-Nordic skier McKeever is a three-time Paralympian who holds 10 Paralympic medals, including seven gold. McKeever and guide Erik Carleton, now training for the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games, won two gold medals at the 2013 world championships in Sweden in February.
- Wednesday November 27, 2013 – 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 4th floor, Mattamy Athletic Centre (former Maple Leaf Gardens), 50 Carlton St. Toronto
- Brian McKeever, 10-time Paralympic medallist in para-Nordic skiing
- Local parasport athletes and Canadian Paralympic athlete alumni
- The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister of State (Sport)
- Karen O’Neill, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Ozzie Sawicki, Team Canada Chef de Mission, Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games
- Landmark announcement regarding Team Canada at the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games
- Media contact onsite: Alison Korn, Canadian Paralympic Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell: 613-298-4927