December 17, 2013 (ISN) – Parasport Ontario (PO) is a non-profit Organization established in 1981 and incorporated in 1988. With a vision of promoting parallel opportunities in sport for persons with physical disabilities, PO provides development and competitive parasport opportunities throughout Ontario.
Under the new PO governance model, the PO Board consists of up to 7 (seven) elected Directors, plus 1 (one) appointed representative from each of PO’s 4 (four) founding sport for disabled organization members. In initiating the new governance model, 3 (three) Directors will have a 1 (one)-year term and 4 (four) will have a 2 (two)-year term. The Officers of the Organization (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer) will be elected by the PO Board when it is formed.
Parasport Ontario is looking for individuals who want to make a difference for Ontarians with a physical disability by providing sport opportunities and increasing public awareness of sport for athletes with a physical disability.
All qualified candidates will have their names included on the nomination list. Elections will take place at a Special General Meeting to be held in Toronto on Tuesday, February 25, 2014.The following information is required for each nominee:
- name; home & business addresses; email address; & phone numbers (home, business & cell)
- description of the competencies, experience and expertise the nominee can bring to Parasport Ontario.
- what the nominee would like to accomplish as a member of the PO Board of Directors
- please indicate if the nominee is interested in serving as an Officer (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer)
- signature & date (indicates acceptance of the nomination and accuracy of information)
With the 2015 Parapan American Games coming to Toronto these are exciting times for parasport in Ontario – and you can be part of it!
Please submit your nomination on, or before Wednesday, January 15, 2014, by: