December 16, 2013 (ISN) – The National Lacrosse League’s roster cutdown deadline on Monday, Dec. 16 has passed and teams have announced their 20-man active rosters and practice squads for the upcoming 2014 NLL season.
Find each team’s roster below to see which of the best lacrosse players in the world made the final cut.
- Forwards (8): Ryan Benesch, Chad Culp, Joe Resetarits, Jamie Rooney, Mark Steenhuis, John Tavares, Shawn Williams and Aaron Wilson.
- Transition (5): David Brock, Kevin Brownell, Dhane Smith, Jay Thorimbert and Andrew Watt.
- Defensemen (5): Glen Bryan, Steve Priolo, Billy Dee Smith, Rory Smith and Derek Suddons.
- Goaltenders (2): Anthony Cosmo and Kurtis Wagar.
- Practice Squad (4): Colin Boucher (D), Jordan Critch (T), Hayden Smith (D) and Mitch Wilde (T).
- Injured Reserve (IR): Eric Penney (G).
- Forwards (6): Matthew Dinsdale, Dane Dobbie, Curtis Dickson, Shawn Evans, Jeff Shattler and Daryl Veltman.
- Transition (3): Karsen Leung, Tor Reinholdt and Geoff Snider.
- Defensemen (8): Mike Carnegie, Greg Harnett, Jon Harnett, Cody Hawkins, Dan MacRae, Curtis Manning, Andrew McBride and Garrett McIntosh.
- Goaltenders (3): Peter Dubensky, Mike Poulin and Frankie Scigliano.
- Practice Squad: Brett Baron (F), Scott Carnegie (D), Jake Hayes (F) and Barclay Hickey (D).
- Physically Unable to Perform (PUP): Travis Cornwall (T), Peter McFetridge (D) and Scott Ranger (F).
- Forwards (6): John Grant Jr., Adam Jones, Jamie Lincoln, Jordan McBride, Sean Pollock and Drew Westervelt.
- Transition (5): Joey Cupido, Jackson Decker, Cameron Holding, Mat MacLeod and Cameron Mann.
- Defensemen (7): Colton Clark, Dan Coates, John Gallant, Chet Koneczny, John Orsen, Creighton Reid and Bob Snider.
- Goaltenders (2): Tye Belanger and Dillon Ward.
- Practice Squad:
- Inactive: Casey Powell (F).
- Forwards (8): Robert Church, Cory Conway, Jarrett Davis, Zack Greer, Curtis Knight, Riley Loewen, Mark Matthews and Dane Stevens.
- Transition (3): John LaFontaine, Adrian Sorichetti and Jeremy Thompson.
- Defensemen (7): Nik Bilic, Chris Corbeil, Jeff Cornwall, Ryan Dilks, John Lintz, Brett Mydske and Kyle Rubisch.
- Goaltenders (2): Aaron Bold and Brodie MacDonald.
- Practice Squad: Mitch Bannister (D), Jarrett Toll (D) and Alex Turner (F).
- Physically Unable to Perform (PUP): Corey Small (F).
- Forwards (5): Callum Crawford, Josh Gillam, Shayne Jackson, Scott Jones and Logan Schuss.
- Transition (7): David Earl, Cameron Flint, Tyler Hass, Jordan MacIntosh, Kiel Matisz, Brock Sorensen and Andrew Suitor.
- Defensemen (6): Alex Crepinsek, Greg Downing, Jeff Gilbert, Mike Hobbins, Jordan Houtby and Jason Noble.
- Goaltenders (2): Tyler Carlson and Zach Higgins.
- Practice Squad:
- Physically Unable to Perform (PUP): Matt Gibson (F).
- Forwards (8): Kyle Buchanan, Kevin Crowley, Jordan Hall, Tracey Kelusky, Kevin Ross, Pat Saunders, Garrett Thul and Ryan Ward.
- Transition (4): CJ Costabile, Brodie Merrill, Kyle Sweeney and Joel White.
- Defensemen (6): Brett Manney, Mike Manley, Brian Megill, Mike Poppleton, John Ranagan and Chad Wiedmaier.
- Goaltenders (2): Don Alton and Evan Kirk.
- Practice Squad: Michael Diehl (D), Eric Hoffman (D) and Bill McGlone (D).
- Physically Unable to Perform (PUP): Brendan Mundorf (F) and Rob Campbell (D).
- Forwards (7): Dan Dawson, Cody Jamieson, Stephen Keogh, Craig Point, Johnny Powless, Cory Vitarelli and Joe Walters.
- Transition (2): Joel McCready and Brad Self.
- Defensemen (9): Mac Allen, Tyler Burton, Scott Campbell, Paul Dawson, Dylan Evans, Mike Kirk, Ian Llord, Scott Self and Sid Smith.
- Goaltenders (2): Mike Thompson and Matt Vinc.
- Practice Squad: Wenster Green (D) and Mark White (T).
- Physically Unable to Perform (PUP): Angus Goodleaf and Zac Reid.
- Injured Reserve (IR): Jamie Batson.
- Forwards (6): Kasey Beirnes, Garrett Billings, Colin Doyle, Rob Hellyer, Stephan Leblanc and Josh Sanderson.
- Transition (3): Kyle Belton, Craig England and Jesse Gamble.
- Defensemen (9): Sandy Chapman, Damon Edwards, Bill Greer, Stephen Hoar, Scott Johnston, Rob Marshall, Patrick Merrill, Ethan O’Connor and Chris White.
- Goaltenders (2): Zak Boychuk and Nick Rose.
- Practice Squad: Dustin Dunn (D), Eric Law (F), Mike Lum-Walker (D) and Jeff Swift (F).
- Forwards (8): Cody Bremner, Tyler Digby, Rhys Duch, Alex Gajic, Brett Hickey, Sean Lundstrom, Lewis Ratcliff and Cliff Smith.
- Transition (3): Ilija Gajic, Josh Hawkins and Justin Salt.
- Defensemen (7): Matt Beers, Tyler Garrison, Mike Grimes, Curtis Hodgson, Jeff Moleski, Chris O’Dougherty and Kyle Sorensen.
- Goaltenders (2): Tyler Richards and Matt Roik.
- Practice Squad: Josh Hawkins (T), Neil Tyacke (G), Chris Wardle (F) and Nick Weiss (T).
- Physically Unable to Perform (PUP): Brett Bucktooth (F) and Mitch McMichael (T).
The 2014 NLL regular season begins on Saturday, Dec. 28 when the back-to-back champion Rochester Knighthawks host the Minnesota Swarm at 7:30 p.m. ET. Meanwhile, the Buffalo Bandits also take on the visiting Philadelphia Wings at 7:30 p.m. ET while West Division play gets underway with the Edmonton Rush at Colorado Mammoth at 9 p.m. ET. Watch all three season-opening games live on YouTube via The Lacrosse Network.