February 25, 2014, NEW YORK (ISN) – The NHL Trophies are coming to Vancouver in conjunction with the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ game between the Ottawa Senators® and Vancouver Canucks®.
From Wednesday, February 26, through Sunday, March 2, visitors to the BC Sports Hall of Fame will get a closer look at all of hockey’s most prized trophies, including the Hart Memorial Trophy (most valuable player to his team), Vezina Trophy (top goaltender), Calder Memorial Trophy (top rookie), James Norris Memorial Trophy (top defenseman) and more.
On Saturday, March 1 from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. PT, the most recognizable trophy in sports – the Stanley Cup – will join the NHL Trophy display at the BC Sports Hall of Fame and remain there through the conclusion of the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic.
On Sunday, March 2, ticketholders to the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic will gain free entry into the BC Sports Hall of Fame to take in this inspiring display.
WHAT: NHL Trophies that will be on display include:
- Hart Memorial Trophy (most valuable player to his team)
- Vezina Trophy (top goaltender)
- Frank J. Selke Trophy (top defensive forward)
- James Norris Memorial Trophy (top defenseman team)
- Calder Memorial Trophy (top rookie)
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (skill/sportsmanship)
- Jack Adams Award (top head coach)
- Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (perseverance and dedication to hockey)
- NHL General Manager of the Year Award
- Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player as voted by members of the NHLPA)
- Wednesday, Feb. 26, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 27 – Friday, Feb. 28, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. PT
- Saturday, March 1, 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. PT (Stanley Cup on display from 1:00– 5:00 p.m. PT only)
- Sunday, March 2 (for 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic ticketholders only) 11:00 a.m. PT through the end of the game (Stanley Cup on display from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. PT)
- The BC Sports Hall of Fame, Located at Gate A, BC Place, Vancouver.
About the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic:
The 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ will feature the Vancouver Canucks facing off against the Ottawa Senators at BC Place in Vancouver on Sunday, March 2 at 1:00 p.m. PT. The game will be broadcast live on CBC and RDS in Canada and on NBCSN in the U.S. SiriusXM Radio will provide live radio coverage. Through the 2014 NHL Tim Hortons Heritage Classic, the Canucks become the first NHL® team to host a game in a retractable-roof facility and just the third Canadian NHL team to host a regular-season game outdoors, following the Edmonton Oilers in 2003 and Calgary Flames in 2011.
Fans can join the conversation by using the official 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic hashtag #HeritageClassic. Follow the NHL on Twitter (@NHL) and Instagram (Instagram.com/NHL) for live, behind-the-scenes updates. For more information, please visit: www.nhl.com/heritageclassic.
About the BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum:
The BC Sports Hall of Fame is located at Gate “A” of BC Place with an inspiring Hall of Champions, Vancouver 2010 Gallery and many other exceptional galleries. The BC Sports Hall of Fame, a non-profit society, is the ‘go to’ organization for BC sport heritage. For over 40 years, we have honoured BC’s teams, builders, athletes, pioneers, and media through the annual induction ceremony the Banquet of Champions. To date 344 individuals and 56 teams have been inducted onto the BC Sports Hall of Fame. The collection of the BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum includes over 25,000 artifacts and 20,000 archival documents representing 100 years of sporting accomplishments in British Columbia. In everything it does, the BC Sports Hall of Fame honours, educates, and inspires through the Hero In You Youth Education Programs. The BC Sports Hall of Fame is open daily at Gate A of BC Place from 10:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Go there. Experience. Be proud. Be inspired. For more information please visit: www.bcsportshalloffame.com, follow us on twitter@bcsportshall and like us on facebook/bcsportshall.