by Rebecca Connop Price
March 15, 2014, Duncan, BC (ISN) – Four teams are battling for the B.C. title as the 2014 AMJ Campbell BC Mixed Curling Championship playoffs get underway in Duncan.
Teams from New Westminster, Kimberley, Kerry Park and Salmon Arm are still left in the competition after the end of the triple knockout.
Team Kopf, from the Royal City Curling Club, won the A event, securing their spot in the page 1-2 playoff today at 7 p.m. The team, made up of Steve Kopf, Brandi Tinkler, Martyn Chase and Heather Beatty, won their first three games to make the playoff round.
They face Team Craig, from Kerry Park Curling Club, in the page 1-2 playoff. The team, made up of Wes Craig, Sarah Wark, Miles Craig, Michelle Allen and coach Roselyn Craig, who won the B event.
The page 3-4 playoffs will be a battle between Team Buchy, from Kimberley Curling Club and Team LeDrew from the Salmon Arm Curling Club.
The winners of the page 1-2 playoff will get a bye to the final, with the loser going to the semi-final tomorrow. The winner of the page 3-4 playoff will go to semis, and the loser will get knocked out.
The final of the 2014 AMJ Campbell BC Mixed Curling Championship takes place on Sunday, March 16, at 2:00 p.m., with the winner getting the chance to represent BC at nationals in North Bay, Ontario.
Teams are made up of two men and two women playing a 10-end game of curling. Follow the results of the playoffs at http://playdowns.com/curlbc/event.php?id_cmp=574.
Denis Cordick, Vice President, Marketing, at AMJ Campbell, said: “AMJ Campbell is proud to support curling throughout Canada and especially in BC this week. Good luck to the teams participating in the playoffs.”
- Team Buchy – Kimberley Curling Club
- Skip: Tom Buchy – Kimberley
- Third: Lori Buchy – Kimberley
- Second: Dave Toffolo – Kimberley
- Lead: Robyn Toffolo – Kimberley
- Team LeDrew – Salmon Arm Curling Club
- Skip: Ryan LeDrew – Coldstream
- Third: Heather Tyre – Kelowna
- Second: Sebastian Robillard – Burnaby
- Lead: Christine LeDrew – Coldstream
- Team Craig – Kerry Park Curling Club
- Skip: Wes Craig – Shawnigan Lake
- Third: Sarah Wark – Duncan
- Second: Miles Craig – Shawnigan Lake
- Lead: Michelle Allen – Victoria
- Coach: Roselyn Craig – Shawnigan Lake
- Team Kopf – Royal City Curling Club
- Skip: Steve Kopf – Coquitlam
- Third: Brandi Tinkler – Victoria
- Second: Chase Martyn – Coquitlam
- Lead: Heather Beatty – Vancouver