April 13, 2014, Vancouver (ISN) – Vancouver Canucks fans have voted Ryan Kesler as the Cyclone Taylor “Most Valuable Player” for the 2013-14 season.
The announcement was made tonight during Fan Appreciation Night where loyal and passionate fans were treated to a special evening that included Pat Quinn’s ring of honour ceremony, outdoor entertainment and prize giveaways throughout the game. Other player awards voted by fans included, Dan Hamhuis as the Walter Babe Pratt “Best Defenceman”, Eddie Lack as the Fred J. Hume “Unsung Hero”, and Zack Kassian as the Pavel Bure “Most Exciting Player”.
CANUCKS 2013.14 AWARDS
- Cyclone Taylor – “Most Valuable Player”: Ryan Kesler (voted by fans)
- Walter (Babe) Pratt – “Best Defenceman”: Dan Hamhuis (voted by fans)
- Pavel Bure – “Most Exciting Player”: Zack Kassian (voted by fans)
- Fred J. Hume – “Unsung Hero”: Eddie Lack (voted by fans)
- Three Star Award: Ryan Kesler
“Most Three Stars Selections”
• Cyrus H. McLean – “Leading Scorer”: Henrik Sedin
Prior to the game the Canucks welcomed fans with outdoor entertainment on the plaza themed for Pat Quinn night, which featured live entertainment, an alumni autograph session, complimentary tacos from Tacofino, courtesy of Los Cabos Tourism and complimentary beverages courtesy of Pepsi.
Fans also had the opportunity to win a number of prizes during the last home game of the regular season versus the Calgary Flames, including:
• A trip for two on the Canucks 2014.15 California road trip
• A trip for two to Los Cabos courtesy of Los Cabos Tourism
• Concert tickets
• Canucks signed jerseys
• Canucks Team Store gift cards
• Rogers Arena concession gift cards