May. 16th, 2014, Ponte Verda Beach, Fla. and Oakville, Ont. (VIGolf.ca) – PGATOUR.COM/Canada, the home page of PGA TOUR Canada, has unveiled a bold new look as part of the all-new PGATOUR.COM, with compelling features and even greater functionality for mobile devices and computers.
Following the launch of the all-new PGATOUR.COM on Feb. 18, PGATOUR.COM/Canada is online and ready in time for PGA TOUR Canada’s second season to kick off at the PC Financial Open, May 26-June 1 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
“The new PGATOUR.COM/Canada gives fans a whole new way to experience and follow along with PGA TOUR Canada,” said PGA TOUR Canada President Jeff Monday. “When PGATOUR.COM relaunched in February, it allowed fans to have a more engaging, interactive experience on any platform. We couldn’t be happier to bring PGATOUR.COM/Canada on board and g
ive our fans have a PGA TOUR-level experience.”
Among the features are:
– Simplified navigation, making it easier to find the content you are looking for
– Live scoring, standings and tee times at the top of every page, so you won’t have to leave the page you are on for updates
– New player pages with season and career information, statistics and the latest articles, videos and highlights
– A new “Feed” feature that highlights the most recent and relevant content relative to the page you are on, from articles and photography to social media posts
– Tournament sites highlighting local attractions, charitable causes and other information
Just like the new PGATOUR.COM, the new PGATOUR.COM/Canada works seamlessly across desktop, tablet and smartphone platforms, with site features designed to provide a quality user experience no matter where they are following along from.
“With so many more fans viewing content on smartphones and tablets as well as desktop and laptop computers, we wanted to deliver new and better content and site features specifically for these different screen sizes,” said Luis Goicouria, Vice President, Digital Media. “PGATOUR.COM now works seamlessly across all of these devices.”
Fans can look forward to ongoing improvements to PGATOUR.COM/Canada in the coming weeks, such as more tournament-focused content, enhanced player profile information and live statistics from the upcoming 2014 season. As a result of bringing its digital business in-house at the beginning of 2013, the TOUR continues to develop and enhance its own products.