(ISN) – July 29 – Daily Wrap-Up
– 1500m Para Sport Wheelchair – Women: Diane Roy (Sherbrooke, QC) advanced with the
best time in the Heats of 3:52.83.
– 1500m Para Sport Wheelchair – Men: Both and Alexandre Dupont (St-Remi, QC) –
3:20.14 and Josh Cassidy (Port Elgin, ON) – 3:29.81 advanced with the 2nd and 5th
best times respectively.
– 400m Hurdles – Women: Both Chanice Taylor-Chase (Ajax, ON) – 57.23 and Noelle
Montcalm (Windsor, ON) – 56.72 advanced.
– 800m – Men: Brandon McBride (Windsor, ON) advanced with a time of 1:49.29.
– 400m – Men: Philip Osei (Toronto, ON) – 47.16, Daundre Barnaby (Brampton, ON) –
46.28 and Michael Robertson (Williamstown, ON) – 47.3 did not advance past the
– Decathlon – Men: Damien Warner (London, ON) took home Gold in the Decathlon with
– Heptathlon – Women: Brianne Theisen-Eaton (Humboldt, SK) and Jessica Zelinka
(London, ON) sit 1-2 after 4 events with 3939 and 3744 points respectively.
– Hammer Throw – Men: James Steacy (Lethbridge, AB) won Gold with 74.16.
– 1500m – Women – Kate Van Buskirk (Brampton, ON) won Bronze in 4:09.41 with Nicole
Sifuentes (Winnipeg, MB) right behind her in 4th with a time of 4:10.48.
Andrew D’Souza (Ottawa, ON) defeated Patrick Kinyua Mbogo of Kenya 2-1 in Men’s
Singles Round of 64. Rachel Honderich (Toronto, ON) surpassed Tinabora Tekeiaki of
Kiribati by Walk Over. In Mixed Doubles, Michelle Li (Markham, ON) and Adrian Liu
(Prince Rupert, BC) defeated Scotland in the Round of 64.
Ariane Fortin (Quebec, QC) defeated South Africa’s Phathiswa Thingana in the 75kg
Women Round of 16 by a unanimous decision.
Cycling – Mountain Bike
Catharine Pendrel (Kamloops, BC) and Emily Batty (Booklin, ON) won Gold and Silver,
respectively in the Women’s Cross-Country. On the Men’s side, Max Plaxton
(Victoria, BC) finished 4th and Raphael Gagne (Quebec, QC) 7th.
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Team event – Zachary Clay (Chilliwack, BC/C-B), Nathan
Gafuik (Calgary, AB), Anderson Loran (Saskatoon, SK), Kevin Lytwyn (Stoney Creek,
ON), Scott Morgan (North Vancouver, BC) – Bronze
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Team event/Ellie Black (Halifax, NS), Meagan Chant
(Waterdown, ON), Stefanie Merkle (Petersburg, ON), Isabela Onyshko (Minnedosa, MB),
Victoria Woo (Brossard, QC) – 4th
The Women’s Pairs – Leanne Chinery (Auckland) and Jacqueline Lee Foster (Halifax,
NS) dropped a 19-10 decision to Wales, before defeating Cook Islands 25-5. Ryan
Bester (Hanover, ON) defeated Muhammad Shahzad of Pakistan 21-15, and India’s Sunil
The Men’s Fours – Fours – Kevin Jones (London, ON), Tim Mason (Penetanguishene, ON),
Chris Stadnyk (Niagara Falls, ON), George Whitelaw (Larkhall) – lost to India 18-8.
The Women’s Triples – Mary Ann Beath (Vancouver, BC), Laura Hawryszko-Hudson
(Cobourg, ON), Kelly McKerihen (Toronto, ON) – bettered Cook Islands by a score of
James Paton (White Rock, BC) won Silver in the Final of the Fullbore Rifle Queens
Prize – Open, while Desmond Vamplew (Toronto, ON) finished 28th. Paul and Drew Shaw
(Collingwood, ON) finished 10th and 16th in the Men’s Trap, Qualification failing to
advance. Metodi Igorov (Montreal, QC) finished 4th overall in the 25m Rapid Fire
In the heats:
– 400m Freestyle – Women: Brittany MacLean (Toronto, ON) – 4:08.84 and Samantha
Cheverton (Montreal, QC) – 4:09.88 qualified in 4th and 7th place. Tabitha Baumann
(Southport) swam 4:16.02 which was not enough to advance.
– 200m Individual Medley Para Sport SM10 – Women: Aurelie Rivard
(Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu) – 2:33.46 and Katarina Roxon (Stephenville, NL) –
– 200m Individual Medley – Men: Evan White (Oakville, ON) – 2:01.28 and Luke Reilly
(Richmond, BC) – 2:03.10 finished 9th and 12th respectively, not advancing.
– 4 x 100m Medley Relay – Women – Sinead Russell (Burlington, ON), Kierra Smith
(Kelowna, BC), Audrey Lacroix (Pont-Rouge, QC), Michelle Williams (Toronto, ON) swam
4:07.13, qualifying for the Final with the 3rd best time.
– 4 x 100m Medley Relay – Men – Russell Wood (Calgary, AB), Richard Funk (Edmonton,
AB), Coleman Allen (Spokane, Washington), Yuri Kisil (Calgary, AB) had the 2nd best
qualifying time for the Final of 3:37.31
– 400m Freestyle – Women – Brittany MacLean (Toronto, ON) placed 5th in 4:06.85,
while Samantha Cheverton (Montreal, QC) was 8th in 4:09.85.
– 50m Backstroke – Women: Brooklynn Snodgrass (Calgary, AB) won Bronze in the
Women’s 50m Backstroke, clocking a Canadian record of 27.97.
– Aurelie Rivard (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC) took home Bronze in the Women’s
Para-Sport 200m IM SM10, with Katarina Roxon finishing in 5th spot with a Personal
– Ryan Cochrane (Victoria, BC) emerged with another Gold in the 1500m Freestyle in
– In the Women’s 4 x 100m Medley Relay, Canada won Bronze in a time of 4:00.57.
– The Men’s 4 x 100m Relay Team placed 4th in 3:36.61.
In men’s singles table tennis action, Pierre-Luc Thériault (Rimouski, Que.) beat
Alan Lin of Vanuatu 4-0 (11-1, 11-4, 11-6, 11-6) and then defeated Gilton Chelibe of
Uganda 3-0 (11-8, 11-5, 11-4, 11-2). Andre Ho (Richmond, B.C.) defeated David Loi
of Papua New Guinea 4-0 (11-1, 11-1, 11-1, 11-4) and then defeated Romano Spencer of
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 4-0 (11-1, 11-4, 11-3, 11-3).
Marie-Eve Beauchemin-Nadeau (Candiac, QC) won Gold with a total of 250 in the
75kg-Women. David Samayoa (Regina, SK) finished 6th overall in men’s 94kg with a
total of 321.
Wrestling – Freestyle
Eric Wiebe (Stittsville, ON) won Gold in the Women’s 75kg and Korey Jarvis (Elliot
Lake, ON) Gold in the Men’s 125kg. Jasmine Mian (Barrie, ON) took home the Bronze in
48kg Women. Chris Laverick (Burlington, ON) dropped his Round of 32 matchup with
Melvin Bibo of Nigeria.
July 30 – Look-Ahead
Round 1 / Qualifying:
– 10:02am – 200m – Men’s: Andre De Grasse (Markham, ON), Brendon Rodney (Toronto,
ON), Gavin Smellie (Kingston, Jamaica)
– 10:05am – Long Jump – Women: Christabel Nettey (Surrey, BC)
– 12:00pm – 800m – Women: Jessica Smith (North Vancouver, BC), Karine
Belleau-Beliveau (Montreal, QC), Melissa Bishop (Eganville, ON)
– 6:40PM – 200M – Women: Crystal Emmanuel (Toronto, ON), Kimberly Hyacinthe
(Terrebonne, QC), Shai-Anne Davis (Richmond, BC)
– 8:55pm – 800m – Men: Brandon McBride (Windsor, ON)
– 9:40pm – 400mH – Women: Chanice Taylor-Chase (Ajax, ON), Noelle Montcalm
– 11:50am – Heptathlon – Women: Brianne Theisen-Eaton (Humbolt, SK), Jessica
Zelinka (London, ON)
– 6:40pm – High Jump – Men: Derek Drouin (Corunna, BC), Michael Mason (Nanoose Bay,
– 8:15pm – Javelin Throw – Women: Liz Gleadle (Vancouver, BC)
– 8:40pm – Shot Put – Women: Julie Labonte (Ste-Justine, QC)
At 9:00am, Andrew D’Souza (Ottawa, ON) faces Emmanuel Donkor of Ghana in the Round
of 32 Men’s Singles. On the Women’s side, Michelle Li (Markham, ON) is up against
Palwasha Bashir of Pakistan at 12:00pm. In Mixed Doubles, Phyllis Chan (Vancouver,
BC) and Derrick Ng (Vancouver, BC) face Northern Ireland in the Round of 32 at
12:30pm. At 1:00pm, Alexandra Bruce (Toronto, ON) and Tobias Ng (Vancouver, BC)
matchup against Barbados, and at 2:00pm, Michelle Li (Markham, ON) and Adrian Liu
(Prince Rupert, BC) play Singapore. In Women’s Doubles at 4:30pm, Alexandra Bruce
(Toronto, ON) and Phyllis Chan (Vancouver, BC) go up against Kenya.
At 5:30, Rachel Honderich (Toronto, ON) faces Solen Pasturel of Jersey in Women’s
Singles. At 6:30pm the Men’s Doubles duo of Adrian Liu (Prince Rupert, BC) and
Derrick Ng (Vancouver, BC) go up against Ghana. At 7:30pm Andrew D’Souza (Ottawa,
ON) and Tobias Ng (Vancouver, BC) play Malaysia.
At 1:20pm, Samir El Mais (Windsor, ON) faces England’s Warren Baister in the 91kg
Quarter-Finals. At 3:30pm, Mandy Bujold (Kitchener, ON) takes on Kristy Harris of
Australia in the 51kg Quarter-Finals. Custio Clayton (Dartmouth, NS) faces Northern
Ireland’s Steven Donnelly at 8:15pm in the Quarter-Finals of the Men’s 69kg. In the
Women’s 75kg Quarter-Finals, Ariane Fortin competes with Magan Maka of New Zealand
The Diving competition begins at the Royal Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh. At
10:05am, Cody Yano (Edmonton, AB), François Imbeau-Dulac (Saint-Lazare, QC) and
Riley McCormick (Victoria, BC) begin the 1m Springboard competition, with the Final
scheduled for 6:05pm. At 11:50am, Meaghan Benfeito (Montreal, QC) and Roseline
Filion (Laval, QC) begin the Women’s Synchronised 10m Platform. At 7:36pm, Jennifer
Abel (Laval, QC) and Pamela Ware (Beloeil, QC) contest the Women’s Synchronised 3m
The Women’s All-Around event begins tomorrow at 6pm.
The Women’s squad faces New Zealand at 2:00pm.
At 8:45am, the Women’s Pairs – Leanne Chinery (Auckland) and Jacqueline Lee Foster
(Halifax, NS) face England, while Ryan Bester (Hanover, ON) faces Samuela
Tuikiligana of Fiji in Singles action. Bester takes on Muhammad Hizlee Abdul Rais
of Malaysia at 3:45pm. At 11:45am, the Women’s Triples – Mary Ann Beath (Vancouver,
BC), Laura Hawryszko-Hudson (Cobourg, ON), Kelly McKerihen (Toronto, ON) – face New
Zealand. At 3:45pm, the Men’s Fours – Kevin Jones (London, ON), Tim Mason
(Penetanguishene, ON), Chris Stadnyk (Niagara Falls, ON), George Whitelaw (Larkhall)
– face South Africa.
At 11:30am, all three Mixed Doubles Teams are in action:
– Betty Guo (Shen Yang) / Pierre-Luc Thériault (Quebec, QC)
– Andre Ho (Richmond, BC) / Anqi Luo (Mississauga, ON)
– Zhen Eugene Wang (Shijiazhuang) / Mo Zhang (Shijiazhuang)
At 2:00pm Betty Guo (Shen Yang) faces Amanda Mogey of Northern Ireland in Women’s
Singles. At 6:25pm Anqi Luo (Mississauga, ON) faces Ziyu Zhang of Australia. Mo
Zhang is also scheduled to compete in Singles at 7:10pm. The Men’s Doubles team of
Pierre-Luc Theriault (Quebec, QC) and Andre Ho (Richmond, BC) close out the day of
competition with an 8:40pm match.
– 10:18am – 61kg – Men: Dave Tremblay (Stoney-Pointe, ON) vs. Adam Vella of Malta
– 10:30am – 53kg – Women: Jillian Gallays (Saskatoon, SK) vs. Odunayo Adekuoroye of
– 10:48am – 58kg – Women: Braxton Stone (Pickering, ON) vs. Olga Butkevych of
– 11:12am – 69kg – Women: Dorothy Yeats (Montreal, QC) vs. Sarah Jones of Scotland
– 11:18am – 97kg – Women: Hugh Mccloskey of Northern Ireland
– 11:31am – 61kg – Men: Michael Asselstine (Edmonton, AB) vs. Viorel Etko of