Have you ever wanted to try personal training but thought it was intimidating or too expensive?
If yes, then read on to find out how personal training can be both fun and cost effective.
As a trainer myself, I always try to seek ways to help clients get in the best shape of their lives without breaking their budgets.
If I can find a way to give someone a break on the costs, I will.
This is where small group personal training comes in. Here are 5 reasons why it’s amazing:
1. It’s cheaper than 1-on-1 training. Bring a friend (or two) and your cost per session decreases drastically. Therefore, finances are no longer a barrier to getting fit.
2. It’s fun. Having a few extra people join you for a workout increases your level of accountability (you’re not in this alone), friendly competition, camaraderie and just plain good fun.
3. You get a lot of attention from the trainer. Small group training allows you to get more individual attention from the trainer because there are usually only 2 or 3 people in the group, as opposed to 20 or more (which is the case with some group fitness classes). Therefore, you get the best of both worlds.
4. It’s motivating. Seeing one or two other people working out hard with you encourages you to push yourself. It’s great to have supportive people around you who are also working hard to reach their goals.
5. You’re more likely to stay on track. When you are committed to doing small group sessions, you are less likely to miss them because apart from making a commitment to the trainer, you’ve made a commitment to the other person (or people) that is/are sharing the sessions with you. You’ll also have another person (or two) that can to the gym with you on days when you are not working with the trainer.
So, if you have a friend (or two) that have similar fitness goals and are at a similar fitness level to yours, then group personal training is a great option for you.
If you don’t have any friends/colleagues/family members with similar fitness goals and levels, then ask the trainer to match you up with someone who is. Therefore, you will save money and potentially make a new friend.
There is no way to lose with small group personal/partner personal training.