At the Calgary Winter Club, we are proud of our club, our people, and what we do.
• We take ownership in what we say and do
• We are accessible to others
• We take the most ethical approach
• We are genuine and sincere in our interactions and actions
• We respect one another’s values, talents, and contributions
The Calgary Winter Club is a private member owned social and athletic club, one of the best in North America. Learn more about us at www.calgarywinterclub.com.
We are currently looking for a Curling Manager. The Curling Manager is responsible for the efficient administration and operation of Calgary Winter Club’s curling section and related activities.
1. Support the Curling Coordinator in overseeing junior curling initiatives and programs
2. Maintain an internal marketing program to enhance participation in adult curling
3. Work with the Curling Committee; assist the Committee with development and management of Square Draws and Grand Aggregate standings
4. Assist volunteer curling committees in the operation of leagues, bonspiels, and special events
5. Curling administration & Club responsibilities, such as:
• Coordinate league ice bookings, contracts, and billings
• Facilitate accurate billings
• Compile records, statistics, and reports of curling activities
• Advise Sports Shop and members concerning curling equipment
• Act as the Club liaison with curling associations, e.g. SACA, CCA, CYCA, CAYCIC, ACF, and NTC
• Make periodic inspections of the curling facilities and recommend repair, maintenance, or replacement.
• Prepare operating and capital budgets for the Curling section
Skills & Qualifications
1. Professional and diplomatic communication skills
2. Sensitive, mature, and able to relate well to both youth and adults
3. Customer service orientation and a team player; positive attitude
4. Strong organizational skills
5. 5+ years experience in curling
6. Level II National Coach/NCCP certification an asset; competitive level curler
7. 2+ years in a management role; basic accounting knowledge and budget preparation experience
8. Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
9. Completion of ice maker’s course(s) and or experience working in a private club setting an asset
As this is a seasonal sport, the work of this position spans from September to June yearly. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been hired. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume with “Curling Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.