(ISN) – Sports Weekend takes viewers to Shanghai this Saturday for the Cup of China, the third event in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. Live coverage begins with the Dance Free Program at 3 a.m. ET
(12 a.m. PT) on CBCSports.ca and continues into the morning with the women’s, men’s and pairs free programs. Sports Weekend on CBC-TV will have three hours of coverage featuring each of the morning’s events when it airs at 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) on Saturdayafternoon.
Two-time Canadian national silver medallist Gabrielle Daleman will make her Grand Prix season debut in China in the women’s competition, looking to take advantage of the opportunity presented by Kaetlyn Osmond’s injury. On the men’s side, Canadian Nam Nguyen will make just his second Grand Prix appearance after opening the season with a bronze medal performance at Skate America two weeks ago.
(Nam Nguyen. Photo: ©Skate Canada/Stephan Potopnyk)
Figure skating fans continue to flock to CBC’s interactive Cool As Ice
community page within CBCSports.ca
featuring a live blog and interactive chat where fans can connect live. Throughout the figure skating season, PJ Kwong
and Kurt Browning
will be featured in weekly podcasts and video previews ahead of each event at CBCSports.ca
. This week’s video preview featuring Kwong and Browning discussing the Cup of China is available here: http://cbc.sh/oQq5LLH
In addition to figure skating, CBCSports.ca
will have streaming coverage of the 2014 World Trampoline and Tumbling Championships
from Daytona Beach, Florida, on Saturday at 4:45 p.m. ET (1:45 p.m. PT) and 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT).
Saturday, Nov. 8
- 3 a.m. ET (12 a.m. PT) – Figure Skating – Dance Free Program (CBCSports.ca)
- 4:35 a.m. ET (1:35 a.m. PT) – Figure Skating – Women’s Free Program (CBCSports.ca)
- 6:45 a.m. ET (3:45 a.m. PT) – Figure Skating – Men’s Free Program (CBCSports.ca)
- 9 a.m. ET (6 a.m. PT) – Figure Skating – Pairs Free Program (CBCSports.ca)
- 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) – Figure Skating – Dance, Women’s, Men’s and Pairs Free Programs (CBC-TV, CBCSports.ca)
- 4:45 p.m. ET (1:45 p.m. PT) – Trampoline and Tumbling – Women’s Individual Trampoline Semifinal (CBCSports.ca)
- 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) – Trampoline and Tumbling – Women’s Individual Trampoline Final, Men’s Double Mini-Trampoline Final, Women’s Tumbling Final and Men’s Synchronized Trampoline Final (CBCSports.ca)
Your sports. Your teams. The ISN Daily Digest.
Sign up to the ISN Daily Digest and sit back while we pick the previous day’s best headlines and speed them straight to your inbox every morning.