(ISN) – Brandon, Manitoba – Do you think that you have the Fastest Baby in Western Manitoba?
If so, the Wheat Kings and Westoba Credit Union want you to enter the 5th Annual Diaper Derby! The crawl-off will be held during the first intermission of Wheat King Game on the Friday, January 23rd at Westman Communications Place against the visiting Prince Albert Raiders.
During the event, eight babies who are between six and 12 months old, will crawl the length of a 12 foot “Race Track”.
The first baby to cross the finish line wins a $500 in a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) with Westoba Credit Union.
If you’re interested in having your baby take part, you can register by emailing the parent(s) name(s), baby’s name and age, and best contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org starting Monday, January 5th, 2015. The deadline to enter is Monday, January 19th, 2015.
A random draw will be held to select the eight babies and parents will be given complementary tickets care of Westoba to the game.
For more contest information visit any Westoba Credit Union location, call 1-877-WESTOBA or visit www.westoba.com .
Following is a complete list of contest rules.
2015 Diaper Derby Rules and Regulations:
1. Babies (entrants) must be between six and 12 months of age and not yet walking.
2. Must be residents of Western Manitoba.
3. Only two adults may accompany the baby to the “Race Track”.
4. Babies must be enter and exit the ice in a stroller.
5. If your baby stands up and takes a step they must go back to the start line and start over.
6. We are following the rules of the NFL; if any part of the baby touches the finish line we will consider them to be the winner.
7. Parents may coax their child to the finish line, but cannot touch their baby before the race is over or their baby is disqualified.
8. At no time can the parent or guardian enter the boundaries of the “Race Track”.
9. Babies must crawl the length of the race track, which will be approximately 12′ in length
10. Should there not be a winner at the end of three minutes, the baby closest to the finish line will be declared the winner.