(ISN) – VANCOUVER, BC – In conjunction with Major League Soccer, Vancouver Whitecaps FC released their complete 2015 MLS regular schedule on Wednesday – exactly two months ahead of their season opener against Toronto FC on March 7 at BC Place (3 p.m. PT, TSN1, TSN 1040).
- CLICK HERE to view the complete Whitecaps FC 2015 MLS regular season schedule
Whitecaps FC will play 34 regular season matches over 34 weeks, including 26 Saturdays, five Wednesdays, and three Sundays.
Carl Robinson’s side will meet Western Conference sides Colorado Rapids, FC Dallas, Portland Timbers, Real Salt Lake, San Jose Earthquakes, and Seattle Sounders FC each three times.
The ‘Caps will play the remaining Western Conference teams, defending MLS Cup champions LA Galaxy and newest conference members Houston Dynamo and Sporting Kansas City, once at home and once away.
For the fourth straight year, Vancouver will play once against all 10 Eastern Conference clubs, including expansion side New York City FC on September 26 at BC Place.
OTHER SCHEDULE NOTABLES:
- The ‘Caps will embark on a five-match road trip from June 3 to July 4, matching their longest road trip since joining MLS, as BC Place is unavailable due to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- Whitecaps FC’s 2015 schedule is highlighted by a total of six Cascadia Cup derbies against rivals Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders FC – three of which will be played at BC Place. The defending Cascadia Cup champion ‘Caps will host Seattle twice (Saturday, May 16, and Saturday, September 19) and Portland once (Saturday, March 28).
- The Blue and White will visit long-time Canadian rival Montreal Impact on Wednesday, June 3, in their lone meeting with the Eastern Canadian club.
- Vancouver will host MLS Cup champions LA Galaxy at BC Place on Saturday, April 4.
- Whitecaps FC will conclude their regular season at home against Houston Dynamo on Sunday, October 25.
- The last day of the 2015 regular season will see MLS unveil a new, exciting scheduling format – dubbed “Decision Day” – which will be one final flurry of action to settle the standings and determine who is in, and who is out, of the MLS Cup Playoffs. Games across each conference will be played simultaneously with the most meaningful playoff-race games broadcast nationally. Five games in the Eastern Conference will be played concurrently on Sunday, October 25 at 2 p.m. PT. Immediately following, all five Western Conference matches will be played at 4 p.m. PT.
- This year, 12 teams will qualify for the MLS Cup Playoffs as the sixth place team in both conferences will now have a chance to vie for a chance at making the arduous trip to MLS Cup 2015. The Knockout Rounds will now consist of four single-elimination matches taking place on Wednesday, October 28 and Thursday, October 29.
- The remaining kickoff times, the 2015 TSN broadcast schedule, as well as the 2015 Amway Canadian Championship and 2015-16 CONCACAF Champions League schedules will be announced at a later date.
DATES TO REMEMBER
March 7: Season opener vs. Toronto FC at BC Place
March 28: Portland Timbers visit BC Place
April 4: LA Galaxy visit BC Place
May 2: Whitecaps FC visit Portland Timbers
May 16: Seattle Sounders FC visit BC Place
June 3: Whitecaps FC visit Montreal Impact
July 18: Whitecaps FC visit Portland Timbers
August 1: Whitecaps FC visit Seattle Sounders FC
September 19: Seattle Sounders FC visit BC Place
September 26: New York City FC visit BC Place
October 25: Regular season finale vs. Houston Dynamo at BC Place