The Road to Omaha doesn’t begin in the spring; coaches already are driving their players toward the College World Series. It’s the rise-n-grind that players tweet about; it’s the workout pictures that are shared on social media. It’s the day-in, day-out work that coaches and players hope will separate their team in June. Before the first pitch in February, NCAA.com is highlighting teams that may reach the Mecca of college baseball: Omaha.
1. What can fans expect from this squad in 2015? Veteran, hard-working team who has had a lot of success. Must replace a couple of key players from 2014.
2. What is the one thing that this year’s team does best? Pitching.
3. Bottom of the ninth, tied game, two outs, winning run on second … which player does this team want to step up to the plate? Senior outfielder Scott Donley.
4. If this team had one game to win, which pitcher would get the ball? Junior right-hander Scott Effross.
5. Who are we most likely to see make a “SportsCenter Top 10” play on this squad? Senior outfielder Scott Donley.
6. What does Omaha mean to this team? Doing everything it takes when no one is watching to playing when everyone is.
— Indiana Baseball
|TOP RETURNING HITTERS|
|TOP RETURNING PITCHERS|
— Indiana Baseball (@HoosierBaseball) January 24, 2015