The Victoria Curling Centre (VCC) is seeking an experienced General Manager for the curling facility located in Victoria, B.C. Reporting to a representative of the Board of Directors you will lead a team of term certain staff and contractors that is responsible to ensure the delivery of, and in some cases the organization of, VCC programs, curling leagues, facility management, facility rentals and ice management and act as an intermediary between the Board and various facility user groups.
The VCC Board requires a General Manager that can show they are capable of taking on the day-to-day planning, operations and coordination to delivery of curling and member services at the facility primarily between the months of August and April. (www.victoriacurlingclub.com).
While the position will require the candidate to primarily run the curling facility the Board would consider, as a bonus, a candidate that can also demonstrate experience in stakeholder consultation, local government recreational coordination, primary sponsor acquisition and capital grant application from local, regional, provincial and/or federal governments.
The Board may be open to structure the position for full-time or part-time employment subject to meeting the VCC’s priority responsibilities:
• Eight sheets of curling ice
• A licensed lounge
• A contracted-out cafeteria
• Rental space for meetings and the facility is a multi user, multi-stakeholder centre.
This position includes but is not limited to the following roles and responsibilities:
• Prepare and maintain annual operational and capital expenditure budgets.
• Collaborate in the planning and implementation of facility based business and strategic plans as well as long range financial plans.
• Ensure that all operational, health, safety, security, and all other policies and procedures are current.
• Monitoring of service agreements and contracts.
• Coordinate space management for facility specific user groups and outside renters.
• Ensure that the facility is properly maintained repaired and upgraded as needed within budgetary constraints.
• Ensure the health, safety and security of staff and guests through health and safety procedures.
• Develop and coordinate curling activities at the VCC; rental sheets, leagues, bonspiels, and programs to expand curling and curling related revenues at the VCC.
• A university degree (preferred) or diploma in Rec. Admin or related field, or extensive experience
• Ability to analyze and track intricate space, equipment, and financial data.
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills and mature judgment when interacting with a broad range of people, including faculty/vendors/stakeholders/program areas on both an individual and group level.
• Ability to coordinate daily activities, including management of multiple projects, quality assurance, maintenance activities and staff.
• Knowledge of current risk management practices and emergency preparedness plans and their implementation in recreational facilities.
• Working knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret policy.
• Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service.
• Marketing experience, specifically with social media, is an asset.
This position offers an attractive salary based upon the knowledge, skills and abilities of the candidate.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing how their experience and knowledge match the requirements of the position. The VCC is looking for a candidate that can start in the position no later than July or August 2015.
Please apply on or before May 30, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org