The Canadian Snowboard Team wishes to bring to your attention the following coaching opportunity: National Team Coach; Slopestyle Team.
Under the direction of the High Performance Director, the Canadian National Slopestyle Snowboard Team is in search of a coach able to assume his functions as of May 15th, 2015. The National Team Coach will be required to implement the established Slopestyle program, coach the National Team athletes and coordinate with the National Development Team (NextGen) athletes and coach.
The program is based out of Whistler, BC and requires a full time commitment from May 15th, 2015, until April 30th, 2018. Residence on the West Coast would be of significant benefit. This job requires extensive travel, primarily to World Cup events and other international contests.
Intricate knowledge of FIS/World Cup rules and criteria, OWG points and TTR points and rules are required. The applicant must also have the ability to coach Slopestyle athletes at a world class level. Coordination of IST practitioners, camps logistics, travel, trips and logistics, as well as collaborative coordination with other coaches in both Canada and abroad will be required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your contact information, resume and salary expectation to : Robert Joncas, High Performance Director at :email@example.com by 23:59 on May 8th, 2015
The Coach must have or obtain the following qualifications :
- Proven athletic and/or coaching experience at the elite level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FIS and TTR competition rules and format.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Canadian national sport system.
- A valid Class IV driving license or international equivalent.
- Proficiency with standard computer programs.
- Snowboard coaching certification and current coaching license.
The possession of the following qualifications will greatly enhance the performance of the Technical Coach’s duties:
- Canadian Snowboard Coaching Program Comp Dev Trained status or international equivalent.
- The ability to communicate in both French and English.
- Formal education in the field of sport science or a related area of study.
- Certification in complimentary areas of sport.
Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.