Langford – The Westshore Rebels football club invite families down to enjoy the 117th Victoria Day parade this Monday May 18. Westshore Rebels players, cheerleaders and coaches will be throwing the football, handing out pocket schedules and interacting with parade watchers as we walk the parade route. The parade starts from Mayfair Shopping Centre at 9am and proceeds along Douglas Street then will finish at the intersection of Douglas and Humboldt around 11am.
Team President Elise Pastro will be walking in her first parade and had this to say, “I have been to many parades as a child and again taking my own children, but this is my first ever as a parade participant and I am very excited and proud to be walking as a Westshore Rebel proudly showing our community spirit.”
The team and players will be posting pictures on our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook and twitter) throughout the parade, follow us at www.westshorerebels.ca
Tips and inform for the parade from the Greater Victoria Festival Society;
· Celebrate Victoria Day in British Columbia’s capital city at the 117th Island Farms Victoria Day Parade! This is Victoria’s largest parade, attracting well over 100,000 people. It features Canadian and American marching bands, hundreds of floats, cultural shows and festive clowns. Led by the Canadian Forces, this annual event is free and fun for the whole family!
· The weather in May is often mild and sunny in Victoria but it is best to be prepared for the weather with a spare jacket if it is cool and a hat and sunscreen if it is warm. Umbrellas block views so please bring raingear instead if rain is in the forecast!
· Bring blankets and folding chairs along with drinks and snacks to keep you comfortable for the duration of the 2 hour parade.
· There are excellent viewing spots all along the parade route so no matter where you choose to watch, it will be a great experience!
· Please let families with children sit near the front.
· Please respect Parade Officials and Volunteers and keep off of Private Property.