VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today the launch of their annual fundraising campaign #BuckUp for Mental Health presented by Desjardins Insurance. The campaign runs from today, Tuesday May 19, and culminates at the ‘Caps match on Saturday, May 30 when Whitecaps FC take on Real Salt Lake at BC Place.
This year, the funds raised through #BuckUp for Mental Health will be donated to Whitecaps FC community partner Covenant House Vancouver. Covenant House Vancouver works to improve the lives of more than 1,500 homeless youth, most of whom struggle with mental illness. One of Covenant House Vancouver’s key initiatives includes a soccer program which has proven successful in the rehabilitation of youth including Ali, who is featured in the #BuckUp video and is also a game day employee of Whitecaps FC.
Participating is easy – there are many ways to show your support:
- Donate online at whitecapsfc.com/buckup
- Bring at least one dollar to the match on Saturday, May 30 when the ‘Caps take on Real Salt Lake. Help us raise one dollar per fan for a total of $21,000
- Support via social media by sharing our video or re-tweeting – Desjardins Insurance will donate $1 for every re-tweet or share of the #BuckUp video
- Create an account online at whitecapsfc.com/buckup and ask your networks to donate – there are great prizes to be won for top fundraisers!
- Text BuckUp to 39-39-39 to pledge $5 to #BuckUp in support of Covenant House Vancouver
“Last year, in the club’s 40th anniversary, we launched #BuckUp for Mental Health and successfully raised over $21,000,” said Whitecaps FC president, Bob Lenarduzzi. “This year we hope to surpass that total and are asking all of our fans to come together to help raise funds for this worthwhile cause.”