CALGARY, Alta. – Fifteen goaltenders have been invited to attend Canada’s National Women’s Program goaltending camp, taking place June 4-7 at the Markin MacPhail Centre at WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park in Calgary.
The list of invitees includes eight National Women’s Under-18 Team goaltenders, six National Women’s Development Team netminders, along with one National Women’s Team goalie, who will work with several highly-skilled instructors, both on and off the ice, during the four-day camp.
The camp was mandatory for under-18 and development goaltenders, and optional for netminders with Canada’s National Women’s Team.
“We’re looking forward to hosting our country’s top young female goaltenders in Calgary,” said Melody Davidson, Hockey Canada’s general manager of national women’s team programs. “This is a great opportunity for the players to learn from some of the best women’s high performance goaltending coaches in Canada, and it will serve as a final step prior to invitations to our summer camps this August.”
Instructors for the camp include:
- Nicolas Champagne (Laval, Que./Université de Montréal, RSEQ)
- Matt Cockell (Winnipeg, Man./Brandon, WHL)
- Joe Johnston (Lower Sackville, N.S./Dalhousie University, AUS)
- Maxime Joyal (Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce, Que./Limoilou, CEGEP)
- Brad Kirkwood (Calgary, Alta./University of Calgary, CWUAA)
- Kyle MacDonald (Rothesay, N.B./Hockey New Brunswick)
- Amanda Mazzotta (London, Ont./Bluewater, Midget AA)
- Sandy Sampson (Whitby, Ont./Ryerson University, OUA)
- Amanda Tapp (Calgary, Alta./Hockey Alberta)
- Pasquale Valana (Delta, B.C./B.C. Hockey)
- Perry Wilson (LaSalle, Ont./University of Windsor, OUA)
All on-ice sessions are open to public and media.