OTTAWA (CIS) – Therese Quigley, president of Canadian Interuniversity Sport, Friday announced the appointment of Drew Love as interim chief operating officer for CIS in a term position from June 15 to December 15, 2015.
Recently retired as McGill University’s executive director of athletics and recreation, Love brings 20 years of Canadian university sport leadership experience to the CIS national office. He has most recently served on the CIS board of directors as vice president Finance and has played an instrumental role on the Human Resources Committee and Transition Committee.
In his role as interim COO, Love will provide management and leadership in the following core functional areas:
– Transitional support to the board and CEO
– Office leadership and organizational development
– Financial management
– Human resources policy implementation and development
– Member servicing
– Complaints and investigations, doping protocols and regulations and athletic financial award reporting
– Sport technical leadership
– Sponsor and national sport organization relations
Therese Quigley said, “Drew brings a wealth of experience to our national office and his appointment will provide us with stability in the transition to a new board and CEO”.
The position of chief operating officer after December 15, 2015 will be subject to a review of the national office structure by the CEO and a national search and competition.