VICTORIA, B.C. – It’s time to really have some fun. And time to do it to celebrate our armed forces, to help charities, and to recognize our dads.
The next series – Friday, June 19, through Sunday, June 21 – is all set with activities around the great baseball entertainment. The HarbourCats are proud to be the WCL-leading team in attendance, and also the top sports entertainment option in Victoria in summer, and these events will help more people enjoy a day at Sports Traders Diamond at RAP.
The Father’s Day Game has already been very popular with ticket-buyers, but some great seats remain available. Forces Friday is a big hit with our friends based at Naden, and included is a historic promotionon Saturday – the SOCK TOSS… see below!
FRIDAY, JUNE 19 – 5:30pm gates, 6:35pm first pitch, vs. Cowlitz Black Bears
– BLUE COYOTE GAME NIGHT, with Mike’s Hard Lemonade giveaways
– The first FORCES FRIDAY game of the season, sponsored by Galaxy Motors
– Facing our divisional rivals in what will be the fourth-straight game, all Armed Forces members and families receive General Admission Tickets for just $5 at the gate
– 50-50 draw to benefit Spectrum School
SATURDAY, JUNE 20 – 5:30pm gates, 6:35pm first pitch, vs. Cowlitz Black Bears
– A minor league baseball first!!! We’re bringing hockey’s famous Teddy Bear Toss to the ballpark, but as a needs-benefit for Anawim House Society
– Bring new socks, or donate to buy McGregor Socks products at the park – proceeds go to Anawim House – “Empowered People. Embracing Life – Empowering Victoria’s Homeless for 25 years.”
– When the FIRST HOME RUN IS HIT, by either team, throw your socks on the field – pay close attention to the game, and be ready!
– Anawim House is supplying volunteers this season for the Jani-King Clean Start Crew, doing groundskeeping work and sprucing up the field in mid-game.
– 50-50 to benefit Gladstone Softball
SUNDAY, JUNE 21 – Noon gates, 1:05pm first pitch, vs. Cowlitz Black Bears
– OUTLOOKS FOR MEN’S FATHER’S DAY GAME!
– Prizes, prizes, prizes! From Outlooks for Men
– Presented by Coca-Cola and Black Press
– The VERY FIRST Father’s Day Game in HarbourCats history!
– 50-50 to benefit the Victoria Eagles High Performance Program
“This is a series we’ve been looking forward to, with great partners and some exciting added value for our fans,” said Assistant General Manager Brad Norris-Jones.
“People have a great time at the park and really get into the game, and when you can add in those extra things to involve the fans, it’s a lot of fun. We’ve had great feedback on our food vendors this year, and the weather has been perfect. It’s summer time, people love to be outside.”