Fans should arrive as early as possible with new security measures at Rogers
Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today 10 things fans can look forward to at Saturday’s home opener, including their first Budweiser or Bud Light Apple, Pepsi or bottled water “on the house.”
Fans are also strongly encouraged to arrive 30-45 minutes early in anticipation of congestion, traffic and line-ups due to new security measures at Rogers Arena and a BC Lions game next door at BC Place. Rogers Arena will open early at 5:30pm for the 7:00pm game versus the Calgary Flames. A limited number of great seats are still available for what is expected to be a sell-out. Visit Canucks.com/Tickets for more information.
10 things FANS CAN LOOK FORWARD TO AT THE Canucks home opener:
1. Launch of #20in20: The night marks the launch of the 20th anniversary celebration of Rogers Arena. It includes a look back at the original opening night, October 9, 1995 when the Canucks first moved downtown. Canucks fans will want to be in their seats early for all-new player introductions. The club will also honour legendary anthem singer Richard Loney with a pre-game tribute.
2. Arrive early: Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive 30-45 minutes earlier than normal and to pack light in anticipation of walk-through metal detectors that are now in effect at all main entrances to Rogers Arena. In addition, fans should expect extra congestion in the downtown core due to the BC Lions game next door and are advised to plan accordingly. Doors open at 5:30pm
3. Complimentary beverage: All fans will receive their choice of one complimentary Budweiser, Bud Light Apple, Pepsi or bottled water when they arrive.4.
Big 50:50 Jackpot: Opening night’s 50:50 draw is always exciting and traditionally has the largest take-home jackpot all season with unclaimed funds from the previous season added to the overall tally. The anticipated 50:50 opening night jackpot is projected to be upwards of $200,000 based on prior season openers. 5.
Festivities start at 5pm: Fans should plan to arrive early and join pre-game festivities on the Toyota Plaza including a DJ on-site spinning new and familiar tracks. There will also be a number of fun activations on the concourse including face painting in sections 102 and 103 and autograph signings with Canucks alumni from 5:30 – 6:15pm in section 317. Arena and BC Lions game next door at BC Place
6. Youth movement: Five players under the age of 23 were named to the opening night roster including 2014 first round selections Jake Virtanen and Jared McCann, and NCAA standout Ben Hutton.
7. New food and drink options: To build on last year’s hospitality enhancements, the Canucks culinary team is excited to showcase new food and beverage options and innovations at Rogers Arena. In addition to new and exciting items, the revamped menus now include more fresh and healthy options that were suggested by the fans. These new items include fresh gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options, as well as gluten-free sandwiches and sweets. There are also new dedicated sommelier services at a number of our restaurants. For more information on Food & Beverage offerings and locations, please visit Canucks.com/FoodAndBeverage.8.
Great giveaways: Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to win giveaways including a pair of season tickets for the 2015.16 Canucks season.
9.Jerseys Off Our Backs: Each player will give away their game-worn jersey to a lucky fan at the end of the game.
10. Entertainment galore: The Vancouver Canucks will be unveiling a new opening video and production for fans. Also, a performance by Vancouver-based and award-winning rock band, Dear Rouge also highlights the game entertainment line-up.
• Packs and individual tickets: Visit Canucks.com/Tickets for information on season memberships, game packs, group programs, promotions and single game tickets.
• Buy authentic tickets: The Vancouver Canucks encourage fans to purchase tickets only through authorized sources, such as Ticketmaster (Ticketmaster.ca/Canucks or 1 855 523 6800) or NHL Ticket ExchangeTM (ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com) to ensure tickets are legitimate and valid. Fans buying tickets from other sources risk having invalid, fraudulent tickets resulting in denied entry. For more information on tickets, visit Canucks.com/Tickets.