The Canadian Paralympic Committee is excited to be seeking applications for the next Paralympic Winter Games being held from March 9 to 18, 2018.
This position involves a significant level of responsibility and requires a considerable commitment of time, energy and effort. The successful candidate is expected to provide overall leadership to the Canadian Paralympic Team Mission and Vision with key responsibilities including (but not limited to) participation in site visits, regular conference calls and/or support staff meetings, national events, selection trials, training events, the Chef de Mission Seminar, Mission Orientation Seminar and the Games themselves.
The CPC will cover the traveling expenses to meetings, seminars and the Games; as well as accommodation and meal costs incurred while fulfilling Chef’s responsibilities.
The Chef de Mission is the main representative and spokesperson of Team Canada for the Games. The role also has specific duties related to the leadership team, as well as a member of the CPC Issues Management Team at Games.
The NOMINATION FORM needs to be filled out and signed by the organizations or people nominating the candidate following the below two criteria:
- Member sport organisation (Paralympic National Sport Organizations) in good standing as of the date of the Call for applications is permitted to nominate one candidate.
- Two (2) CPC Board members are also permitted to nominate one candidate
Note that any one sport organization can only submit one candidate for nomination.
The selected candidate will demonstrate the below qualifications.
- To have a variety of experiences and skills demonstrating ability to lead, motivate and foster team building;
- To be a known figure within the Paralympic Movement in Canada and demonstrate the skills to be a spokesperson on behalf of the CPC;
- To demonstrate strong leadership and ability to lead a group towards success:
- To demonstrate strong organizational skills;
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills;
- To demonstrate effective communication skills (written and oral);
- To have demonstrated ability to work effectively with athletes, coaches and team officials;
- To show a successful track record in effectively implementing strategic planning;
- To have strong experience with problem-solving and crisis management skills;
- To understand the international landscape within the Paralympic movement and the key players internationally.
- To be prepared to commit extensive amount of time to the role;
- To demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment; and
- To show commitment to athletes and to create an environment where they can compete to the best of their abilities while achieving podium successes.
- To have the ability to communicate in both Canada’s official languages;
- To be aware of and understand CPC strategic framework, policies and issues related to Paralympic Games;
- To have previous experience on a Paralympic Games Mission and/or other international games experience is an asset; and
- To be involved with CPC or to have had previous experience with CPC;
- To understand the role of CPC within the Canadian High Performance System.
Please send your application including filled nomination form, letter of interest and resume to the Executive Director, Sport Catherine Gosselin-Després at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2016.
Your sports. Your teams. The ISN Daily Digest.
Sign up to the ISN Daily Digest and sit back while we pick the previous day’s best headlines and speed them straight to your inbox every morning.