- Kyle Seager (1×2, RBI, IBB) recorded his 50th RBI of the season with a single in the 1st inning.
o Seager’s 50 RBI are 3rd-most in his career before the All-Star Break (63 RBI in 2014 & 52 RBI in 2012).
- Seattle now has 3 players with 50+ RBI (Robinson Canó: 54, Nelson Cruz: 53 & Kyle Seager: 50).
o 11th trio in club history with 50+ RBI before the All-Star Break and first since 2006 (Raul Ibanez: 70 RBI, Richie Sexson: 59 RBI & Jose Lopez: 58 RBI)…join Mariners clubs from 1979, 1996-2003 and 2006.
o Canó, Cruz and Seager are the first Mariners trio to each record at least 15 home runs and at least 50 RBI before the All-Star Break since 2000 (Jay Buhner: 15 HR & 54 RBI, Edgar Martinez: 23 HR & 87 RBI andAlex Rodriguez: 24 HR & 78 RBI).
o Entering play today, Boston (Ortiz: 63 RBI, Betts: 54 RBI, Bogaerts: 50 RBI & Bradley Jr.: 50 RBI), Colorado (Arenado: 65 RBI; Gonzalez: 51 RBI & Story: 50 RBI) & Baltimore (Trumbo-60, Davis-52, Jones-50) were the only teams in Majors with 3+ players with 50 or more RBI so far.
- Taijuan Walker made his first start since June 19 at Boston, a span of 10 days between starts.
o Is 2-0 with a 1.59 ERA (4 ER, 22.2 IP) with 23 strikeouts over his last 4 starts (since June 8).
o Retired the first 11 batters he faced until allowing a two-out single to Manny Machado in the 4th…faced the minimum 14 batters before giving up a two-out single to Matt Wieters in the 5th inning.
o Snapped a streak of 11 shutout innings dating back to his previous start, with a solo home run to Hyun Soo Kim in the 6th inning.
- Nelson Cruz (2×3, R, 2 2B, BB, HBP) has reached base safely in 46 of 49 career games (w/AB) vs. the Orioles, including 44 games with at least 1 hit…is batting .363 (69×190) with 36 runs, 16 doubles, 1 triple, 9 home runs, 41 RBI, 2 HBP and 19 walks in his career vs. Baltimore.
- Seth Smith (1×4, R, HR, 2 RBI) hit his 7th home run of the season with a 2-run shot in the 5th inning.
o Is batting .295 (26×88) with 13 runs, 5 doubles, 3 home runs, 13 RBI and 7 walks over his last 30 games.
- Robinson Canó (1×3, 2 R, BB) has reached base safely in 21 of last 22 games and has hit safely in 19 of last 22 games since June 7…during span, is hitting .359 (33×92) with 15 runs, 5 doubles, 3 home runs, 6 RBI & 8 walks.
o Batting a career .417 (15×36) with 2 runs, 1 double, 2 home runs, 8 RBI and 1 walk against Chris Tillman.
- Baltimore had its season-high tying 7-game winning streak snapped.
- Chris Tillman was tagged with his first loss since April 14 at Texas.
o Prior to tonight, was 9-0 with a 3.28 ERA (30 ER, 82.1 IP) in his previous 13 starts.
o The 9-game win streak (in decisions) was the 3rd-longest active streak in Majors.
- Chris Tillman lost to Seattle for the first time in his career.
o Is now 7-1 with a 3.38 ERA (21 ER, 56.0 IP) and 45 strikeouts in 10 career starts.
- Hyun Soo Kim (2×4, R, HR, 2 RBI) hit a solo home run in the 7th inning, the 56th June home run for Baltimore.
o The 56 June home runs is a Major League record (1996 Athletics had 55).
- Manny Machado (2×4, RBI) extended his hitting streak to 10 games (since June 16).
o During the streak, is hitting .523 (23×44) with 10 runs, 4 doubles, 1 home run and 9 RBI.
o It is his 5th career hitting streak of 10+ games (last: 16, April 4-23, 2016).
- Adam Jones (1×4, R) extended his hitting streak to a season-high 11 games.
o During streak is hitting .396 (19×48) with 15 runs, 2 doubles, 3 home runs, 10 RBI and 4 walks.