August 8, 2016 – Canada’s women’s soccer team will be in the spotlight again on Day 4 when it faces Germany for first place in their pool. Meanwhile, Roseline Filion and Meaghan Benfeito – half of Canada’s Fab Four – will be looking for a podium finish when they compete in women’s 10-metre synchronized diving. Three of Canada’s four beach volleyball duos will be in action as well, with Heather Bansley and Sarah Pavan looking to maintain their perfect record in pool play.
The swimming heats continue on Tuesday morning with more Canadian athletes looking to position themselves for medal contention, including Santo Condorelli in the men’s 100-metre freestyle. In addition, Canada’s men’s volleyball team will be looking to maintain the momentum from their impressive win over the USA when they face Brazil on their home court.
Coverage will be available on TV across CBC, TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet and Sportsnet ONE. Viewers can also watch CBC’s live streaming coverage at cbc.ca/olympics, on CBC’s app for Rio 2016 for iOS and Android devices and in virtual reality using the CBC Olympic Games Virtual Reality app.
Programming highlights for Tuesday, Aug. 9:
Note: All times are listed in ET and are subject to change without notice. Visit cbc.ca/olympics for full listings.
- 7:30 a.m. – Men’s and Women’s Rowing
- 12 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Swimming: Preliminary Heats
- Men’s 100m freestyle, women’s 200m butterfly, men’s 200m breaststroke, men’s 4x200m freestyle relay
- 9 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Swimming
- Medals will be on the line in women’s 200m freestyle, men’s 200m butterfly, women’s 200m individual medley and men’s 4x200m freestyle relay
- 3 p.m. – Women’s Synchronized Diving: 10m Final
- Canada’s Roseline Filion and Meaghan Benfeito will aim for a podium finish
- 5:30 p.m. – Women’s Beach Volleyball: Canada vs. Germany
- Canada’s Jamie Broder and Kristina Valjas face Germany’s Kira Walkenhorst and Laura Ludwig
- 11 p.m. – Women’s Beach Volleyball: Canada vs. Switzerland
- Canadians Heather Bansley and Sarah Pavan look for a second consecutive win
- 10 a.m. – Men’s Rugby Sevens
- 1 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Tennis: Second and third round play
- 3 p.m. – Women’s Football: Germany vs. Canada
- First place in Group F is on the line on Tuesday as Canada brings its perfect 2-0 record into its match against undefeated Germany.
- 6 p.m. – Men’s Basketball: Lithuania vs. Nigeria
- 9:30 p.m. – Men’s Volleyball: Canada vs. Brazil
- Coming off of its impressive win over the USA, Canada takes on the host squad from Brazil
- 9 a.m. – Men’s and Women’s Beach Volleyball
- Canada’s Chaim Shalk and Ben Saxton take on Brazil’s Pedro Solberg and Evandro Goncalves Oliveira Junior, as both teams look for their first win of the tournament
- 12:30 p.m. – Men’s Canoe Slalom Finals
- 3 p.m. – Men’s Rugby Sevens
- 6 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Tennis
- 10 p.m. – Men’s Basketball: Argentina vs. Croatia
- 8:30 a.m. – Men’s Volleyball – Russia vs. Argentina
- 12:30 p.m. – Men’s Field Hockey: Canada vs. Netherlands
- Canada takes on the undefeated team from the Netherlands in pool play
- 3 p.m. – Women’s Team Final
- 10 a.m. – Men’s and Women’s Tennis
- 3 p.m. – Men’s Volleyball: Italy vs. USA
- 6 p.m. – Women’s Football
- 8 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Beach Volleyball
- Canadians Heather Bansley and Sarah Pavan look for a second consecutive win when they play Switzerland at 11 p.m.
- 10 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- 4 p.m.–6:15 p.m.