August 10, 2016 – Golf gets back into the swing of things at the Olympic Games on Thursday after a 112-year absence as the men’s tournament begins. Canada’s Graeme DeLaet and David Hearn will look to defend the gold medal won by Canadian George Lyon in the last Olympic Games golf event.
Three of Canada’s four beach volleyball teams will be in action on Thursday with Heather Bansley and Sarah Pavan looking to remain undefeated when they take on Germany; Jamie Broder and Kristina Valjas facing Egypt; and, on the men’s side, Ben Saxton and Chaim Chalk aiming for a big win versus Cuba.
In addition, more medals will be awarded in swimming as well as in gymnastics, with the women’s individual all-around final taking place on Thursday afternoon.
Coverage will be available on TV across CBC, TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet and Sportsnet ONE. Viewers can also watch CBC’s live streaming coverage at cbc.ca/olympics, on CBC’s app for Rio 2016 for iOS and Android devices and in virtual reality using the CBC Olympic Games Virtual Reality app.
Programming highlights for Thursday, Aug. 11:
Note: All times are listed in ET and are subject to change without notice. Visit cbc.ca/olympics for full listings.
- 7:30 a.m. – Men’s and Women’s Rowing Finals
- Medal events include: men’s pair, women’s double sculls, men’s double sculls and lightweight men’s four
- 12 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Heats
- 9 p.m. – Men’s and Women’s Finals
- Medal events include women’s 200m breaststroke and men’s 200m backstroke
- 3:30 p.m. – Women’s Individual All-Around Final
- 9 a.m. – Men’s Beach Volleyball
- Canada’s Ben Saxton and Chaim Chalk take on Cuba at 10 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m. – Men’s Rugby Sevens Semifinals
- 2:30 p.m. – Men’s Basketball: Brazil vs. Croatia
- 6 p.m. – Men’s Basketball: Nigeria vs. Spain
- 4 p.m. – Men’s Volleyball: Canada vs. France
- Canada will look for its second win of the tournament when the team takes on France
- 6:30 a.m. – Men’s Stroke Play
- Golf returns to the Olympic Games for the first time in 112 years. Canada’s David Hearn and Graeme DeLaet will look to defend the gold medal won by fellow Canadian George Lyon in the last Olympic Games tournament
- 3 p.m. – Women’s and Men’s Beach Volleyball
- 5:30 p.m. – Men’s Rugby Sevens: Bronze and Gold medal matches
- 7:30 p.m. – Men’s Table Tennis: Bronze and Gold medal games
- 9:30 p.m. – Men’s Basketball: Lithuania vs. Argentina
- 10 a.m. – Men’s Field Hockey: Canada vs. Ireland
- Both sides will be looking for their first victory of the tournament in this Pool B match-up
- 11:45 a.m. – Men’s and Women’s Semifinals and Finals
- Medal events include men’s C2 and women’s K1
- 3:15 p.m. – Women’s and Men’s Quarter-Finals
- 9 p.m. – Men’s Beach Volleyball: Canada vs. Germany
- Canadians Heather Bansley and Sara Pavan will look to remain undefeated in pool play when they go up against Germany’s Karla Borger and Britta Buthe
- 10 p.m. – Men’s Volleyball: Brazil vs. USA
- 11 a.m. – Men’s Quarter-Finals
3 pm. –5:10 p.m.