LANGLEY, British Columbia – The No. 3 Trinity Western women’s soccer team will play its first homes games of the season this weekend as the Spartans host No. 7 Victoria Friday and No. 5 UBC Saturday at Chase Office Field.
THE WEEKEND STORY
- The Spartans return home for the first time this year after starting the season with three wins on the road.
- The weekend features three of the four highest ranked teams in Canada West, with all three currently in the top seven in the CIS Top 10.
- TWU is unbeaten in its last 16 regular season games, dating back to the 2015 season. The last time the Spartans lost in Canada West conference play was Sept 11, 2015, when they suffered a 2-0 setback to UBC.
- The match-up with the T-Birds is a rematch of last year’s Canada West and CIS gold medal matches. UBC won both games.
- This is Victoria’s first road trip of the season, after opening the year unbeaten in three games at home.
- The T-Birds haven’t surrendered a goal in their first three games of the season.
- Including preseason, TWU has only allowed one goal in eight matches.
Friday, Sept. 16 vs. Victoria (2-0-1) – 5 p.m. (PT)
Saturday, Sept. 17 vs. UBC (1-0-2) – 5 p.m. (PT)
TRINITY WESTERN SPARTANS (3-0-0)
CIS ranking: No. 3
Pacific Division Standings: 1st
Last game: Regina (1-0 W)
Streak: 3 wins
2015-16 CW Regular Season Record: 10-1-3
2015-16 CW Playoff Record: 3-1
VICTORIA VIKES (2-0-1)
CIS ranking: No. 7
Pacific Division Standings: 2nd
Last game: Mount Royal (2-1 W)
Streak: 2 wins
2015-16 CW Regular Season Record: 7-3-4
2015-16 CW Playoff Record: 1-1
UBC THUNDERBIRDS (1-0-2)
CIS ranking: No. 5
Pacific Division Standings: 3rd
Last game: MacEwan (0-0 T)
Streak: 1 tie
2015-16 CW Regular Season Record: 11-1-2
2015-16 CW Playoff Record: 3-0