Langford – Victoria’s Westshore Rebels have announced that Jonathan Poppitt has been named the team’s General Manager. Poppitt will work closely with Head Coach JC Boice to continue the success on the field and handle all the day to day activities related to running the team on the field and will report to the team’s board of directors.
Poppitt has vast football and executive experience that will help continue the success of the team;
- Current Vice-President of Operations for the Westshore Rebels.
- Current president of Greater Victoria Minor Football Association and member of the board of directors for two years.
- Executive director of the Thunder Bowl (first ever CIS game on Vancouver Island).
- Played High school football at Eastglen composite high in Edmonton.
- Played junior football as a cornerback for the Edmonton Huskies from 1995-1996.
- One season as assistant coach and six seasons as head coach with the Saanich Wolverines, Victoria outlaws and Victoria Renegades.
- Current Head Coach of the peewee renegades.
- Head coach of the Zone 1 Junior Bantam zone bowl all-star team.
Poppitt is very involved in the Victoria football scene as he has 2 sons currently playing minor football with the Greater Victoria Minor Football Association and is the Owner / CEO of Thomas and Birch cabinetry for the past 6 years in Victoria.
Next game: (Away) Sat Sept 24th, Westshore Rebels @ Langley Rams, 4pm, McLeod Stadium