Canada West Quarter-Final
Date Saturday, Oct. 29
Time 12 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Field 7 in PotashCorp Park
Series SSK Leads 20-3-5
Current Streak SSK W 1
Last Meeting Oct. 9, 2016
REG 0 @ SSK 2
- The Huskies finished the regular season third in the Canada West Prairie Division and host the 4th seeded Cougars in a quarter-final.
- The winner of Saturday’s match will advance to the Canada West Select Six next weekend, hosted by the top remaining Pacific Divison team.
- The Huskies are 3-7 all-time in the post-season. In the only playoff meeting between the two schools in 2012, the Cougars came out victorious with a 1-0 shootout win in Regina.
- The teams tied in their first meeting of the season (1-1) in Regina. The Huskies won the second match of the home-and-home, 2-0 in Saskatoon.
- In other Prairie Division playoff action, top seeded Calgary hosts Manitoba and second seeded MacEwan will host Mount Royal.
By The Numbers
3 -Regina has beaten the Huskies only 3 times in conference action. Saskatchewan has lost just once at home to the Cougars.
5 – The Huskies earned a playoff berth for the 5th straight season.
8 – The goalkeeping duo of Kyleigh Vause and Jadyn Steinhaure have combined for 8 shutouts this season, the 2nd most in the conference.
23 – Erica Hindmarsh finished her regular season career with 23 assists, a new Huskie program record.
Scouting The Cougars
Regina won three of its last four matches to lock up fourth place in the division. The team finished 11th in scoring with 12 goals on the season.
Regina’s leading scorer in 2016 was Karlee Vorrieter with four goals. Vorrieter also added two assists to the lead the squad in points with six.
Sydney Langen scored three times and added an assist on the season for the Cougars.
Goalkeepers Ashton Lowry and Kacey McFee split time in net for Regina. Lowry recroded four wins and three shutouts with a .865 save %.