Date Saturday, Nov. 5
Time 12 p.m.
Location Calgary, Alta.
Venue McMahon Stadium
Watch SHAW TV/Canadawest.tv
Listen CJWW 600
Series (’72) CGY Leads 50-33-2
@ CGY CGY Leads 25-15-1
Current Streak SSK – 1 W
Last Meeting Oct. 22, 2016
SSK 38 @ CGY 35
- For the second straight season, the Huskies will travel to Calgary to take on the Dinos in a Hardy Cup Semifinal.
- In the 2015 semifinal, the Huskies had an eight-point halftime lead, but the then No. 1 ranked Dinos found a way to come back for a 37-29 win and a trip to the Hardy Cup.
- Tyler Chow (RB), Donovan Dale (DL), Mitch Hillis (Rec), Evan Johnson (OL) and Sean Stenger (K/P) were all named Canada West All-Stars.
- The Huskies enter the semifinal on a three-game winning streak which included a 38-35 victory in Calgary just two weeks ago.
- Calgary edged UBC in overtime on Saturday to secure the second seed and hosting duties for the first of two Hardy Cup Semifinals on Saturday. In the other matchup, UBC visits the Regina Rams.
By The Numbers
4 – The Huskies’ 5-3 record to close the season marks the 4th time in the last 6 seasons the green and white have finished 5-3.
22 – Sean Stenger‘s 22 FG’s this season sets a new Huskie record. Stenger finished the campaign 22-26 and had a pair of games with 6 FG’s putting his name atop the Huskie single game points list with 22.
260 – With 5 more Canada West All-Stars this season, the Huskies now boast 260 conference all-stars in program history.
828 – Tyler Chow finished the season as the Canada West’s leading rusher after running for 828 yards on 127 attempts.
Scouting the Dinos
Calgary defeated UBC in OT to clinch second place and home field advantage in the Hardy Cup Semfinal.
The Dinos have the top offence in the conference scoring 36.8 points per game.
Calgary led the Canada West in team rushing with 195.9 yards per game.
An injured Jimmy Underdahl has has forced Adam Sinagra into action the past three games. Sinagra has completed 62.7% of his passes for 660 yards and six touchdowns.
The Dinos are looking to take down the Huskies for the second straight year on home turf.