The Portland Winterhawks (8-12-0-0) fell 2-1 to the Everett Silvertips (14-2-2-0) at Veterans Memorial Coliseum Friday.
Winterhawks captain Keegan Iverson’s goal tonight was his ninth of the season. The 20-year-old forward is averaging a point per game with a total of 18 points so far, and is on pace to break his career high of 42 points set in 2013-14.
Tonight’s game was the second in an eight-game homestand that the Hawks kicked off on Sunday. The Hawks host the Calgary Hitmen tomorrow night in the Moda Center in The Boeing Company Military Salute game to honor veterans, the lone meeting of the season between the two teams.
Portland then will play five more games at home in the month of November including The Boeing Company Airplane Toss on November 23rd and the Burgerville Daylight Classic on November 25th.
– 1st @ 16:38 – (PP) Patrick Bajkov (Juulsen, Fonteyne) opens the scoring with a power play goal. (EVT 1 – POR 0)
– 2nd @ 5:07 – Dominic Zwerger (Juulsen, Bajkov) finds the back of the net off of a pad rebound. (EVT 2 – POR 0)
– 3rd @ 12:51 – Winterhawks captain Keegan Iverson (Texeira, McKenzie) scores to cut the lead to 2-1, but the Silvertips skate away with the victory. (EVT 2 – POR 1)
Power Play Statistics:
– POR: 0/4
– EVT 1/5
Shots on Goal:
– POR: 24
– EVT: 28
– POR: Cole Kehler made 26 saves on 28 Everett shots.
– EVT: Carter Hart made 23 saves on 24 Portland shots.