LANGLEY, British Columbia – Trinity Western’s women’s basketball team will be looking to rediscover its winning ways with a blast from the past as the Spartans return to the David E. Enarson gym this weekend for a two-game series with Lethbridge Friday and Saturday.
Friday, Dec. 2 vs. Lethbridge (2-6) – 5 p.m. (PT)
Saturday, Dec. 3 vs. Lethbridge (2-6) – 5 p.m. (PT)
THE WEEKEND STORY
- With Lethbridge in town, the Spartans (4-4) are looking for back-to-back wins against a Pronghorns side that has just two wins on the season.
- Last year, the Spartans won both of their games with the Pronghorns, beating Lethbridge 86-63 and 78-62.
- TWU has won its last three games against Lethbridge. The last time the Pronghorns beat the Spartans was Nov. 14, 2014 (67-55).
- The last time TWU played at the David E. Enarson Gym was last year when the Spartans lost to eventual national champion Saskatchewan 71-53.
- Prior to moving to the Langley Events Centre for the 2009-10 season, TWU’s final home game at the Enarson saw the Spartans lose 69-51 to Simon Fraser.
- TWU’s Kayla Gordon is second in Canada West with a 55.4 field goal percentage.
- Tessa Ratzlaff leads TWU in scoring with 14.9 points per game.
- The Spartans are fifth in the conference in shooting percentage at 38.6 per cent and fifth in 3-point shooting at 30.8 per cent.
- Teesha Olson leads Lethbridge in scoring with 10.1 points per game.
- Lethbridge is sixth in the conference in 3-point attempts at 19.5 per game.
TRINITY WESTERN SPARTANS (4-4)
CIS ranking: NR
Canada West Standings: 7th (tied)
Last Game: Regina (85-47 L)
Streak: 3 loss
2015-16 CW Regular Season Record: 8-12
2015-16 CW Playoff Record: 1-2
LETHBRIDGE PRONGHORNS (2-6)
CIS ranking: NR
Canada West Standings: 12th (tied)
Last Game: Calgary (72-47 L)
Streak: 4 losses
2015-16 CW Regular Season Record: 1-19
2015-16 CW Playoff Record: Did Not Qualify