LANGLEY, British Columbia – Trinity Western’s men’s hockey team is back at home Thursday when they host Simon Fraser at the Langley Events Centre in the first half of a home and home series. The teams will play the rematch Saturday at the Bill Copeland Sports Centre in Burnaby, B.C.
Watch LIVE: www.hockeytv.com.
Thursday, Jan. 19 vs. Simon Fraser (11-3-0-1) – 7 p.m. (PT)
Saturday, Jan. 21 at Simon Fraser (11-3-0-1) – 7 p.m. (PT)
THE WEEKEND STORY
- The Spartans are back at home for the first time since Nov. 25.
- This weekend’s home and home series features the top two teams in the BCIHL, with only two points separating the second place Spartans from the Clan.
- Thursday’s game marks the first of three straight contests for the Spartans against SFU.
- TWU and SFU play each other five times in the Spartans final 10 games of the season.
- The Spartans won their only regular season meeting thus far against SFU, earning a 3-1 victory Nov. 18 on home ice.
- TWU’s Evan Last and SFU’s Scott Patterson are tied for the league lead in scoring with 23 points apiece. Last has five goals and 18 assists while Patterson has seven goals and 16 assists.
- The Spartan are 7-19-1 all-time against SFU. TWU is 5-5 in its last 10 regular season games.
- TWU returned to BCIHL action last Saturday when the Spartans dropped a 2-1 shootout loss against Victoria on the road.
- The game ended in bizarre fashion. With two minutes remaining in the third period and the score tied 1-1, the game was delayed for 40 minutes due to a knee injury to Jamey Kreller. After the delay, it was determined that the game would be decided by a shootout, which Victoria won with Patrick Holland scoring the lone goal of the shootout.
TRINITY WESTERN SPARTANS (10-3-0-1)
BCIHL standings: 2nd
Last game: Victoria (2-1 L (SO))
Streak: 1 loss
2015-16 BCIHL Record: 13-9-0-2 (3rd)
2015-16 BCIHL Playoff Record: 2-2 (2nd)
SIMON FRASER (11-3-0-1)
BCIHL standings: 1st
Last game: Selkirk (4-2 L)
Streak: 1 loss
2015-16 BCIHL Record: 16-7-0-1 (2nd)
2015-16 BCIHL Playoff Record: 0-2 (3rd)