Victoria, BC- The Victoria Royals will battle the Calgary Hitmen, in their only visit of the season, for Turn Back the Clock and Hockey for Hospitals Night on Saturday with puck drop scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
STREAKING SKATERS: Two Royals’ skaters enter this week on point streaks. Tyler Soy, who recorded five points (4g-1a) on Sunday, has collected points in eight consecutive games. During that time, Soy has tallied seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points. Scott Walford meanwhile, has scored goals in four straight contests.
EAST SUCCESS: In 14 games against teams from the Eastern Conference this season, Victoria has posted a record of 11-3-0-0. During that span, the Royals’ powerplay has gone 17/72=23.6%. The club has also held a mark of 27-4-0-1 in their last 32 contests against Eastern Conference teams. Since the team relocated to the Island, Victoria has posted a record of 63-31-3-6 against the Eastern Conference.
SATURDAY – TURN BACK THE CLOCK & HOCKEY FOR HOSPITALS
Join the Royals as they turn back the clock all night with 80’s themed music and costumes. The Royals have also partnered with the Victoria Hospitals Foundation to raise funds via 50/50, Chuck-a-Puck and Island Savings intermission promotion. Partial proceeds will go towards purchase of vital emergency room equipment.
- The first 2,500 fans will receive retro style sunglasses courtesy of Mayfair Optometric. Royals’ Ticket Pack Holders will have first access to the sunglasses from 6:00-6:30 p.m.
Intermission Activities & Promos:
- Grand Prize is a $500 voucher to Delta Airlines
- Jiffy Lube Oil Change (approx. 20-30 winners per game).
Promo (second intermission)
- Island Savings $1,000 score and win
- One fan will win a pair of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters live at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre on February 23rd.
- Island Savings is pledging $100 for each of the 10 possible goals that the contestant may score as a donation to the Victoria Hospitals Foundation