The Portland Winterhawks (32-23-1-2) earned a 4-3 win over the Red Deer Rebels (23-27-6-3) Friday at Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Winterhawks captain Keegan Iverson is making his presence known after his return from injury Monday in Kamloops. With his goal tonight, Iverson extended his point streak to eight games, where he has tallied eight points, dating back to December 17th.
Joachim Blichfeld also registered a goal and an assist against the Rebels, bringing his goal streak to four games with six goals. Blichfeld has been propelling the Hawks offense of late, with four consecutive multi-point games, and is currently riding a seven-game streak with 12 points in that span.
The Hawks continue their busy weekend tomorrow night in Seattle with their second game in as many nights against the Thunderbirds. The game has a 6:05 pm start time and will be broadcast live on Portland’s CW.
– 1st @ 0:59 – Joachim Blichfeld opens the scoring for Portland. (POR 1 – RD 0)
– 2nd @ 1:16 – Ryan Hughes (Blichfeld) deflects in a shot from Blichfeld to make it 2-0 for Portland. (POR 2 – RD 0)
– 2nd @ 2:47 – (PP) Adam Musil (Bobyk, Spacek) nets a power play goal to cut it to 2-1. (POR 2 – RD 1)
– 2nd @ 12:24 – Keegan Iverson fires the puck top shelf to beat Red Deer netminder Lasse Petersen for a 3-1 lead. (POR 3 – RD 1)
– 2nd @ 13:03 – Red Deer’s Michael Spacek (Sass) scores to make it a one-goal game. (POR 3 – RD 2)
– 2nd @ 14:37 – Jake Gricius (Sharp, Kehler) puts the Hawks back up by two. (POR 4 – RD 2)
– 3rd @ 14:12 – (PP) Jared Freadrich (Herauf) cuts Portland’s lead again to one goal but it wouldn’t be enough as the Hawks skated away with the 4-3 win. (POR 4 – RD 3)
Power Play Statistics:
– POR: 0/5
– RD: 2/6
Shots on Goal:
– POR: 44
– RD: 33
– POR: Cole Kehler made 30 saves on 33 Red Deer shots.
– RD: Lasse Petersen made 40 saves on 44 Portland shots.